We're going to get them tomorrow!

by Atilla 14 Replies latest social current

• Atilla
    Atilla

Well, I guess tomorrow is the big M day, 4th of April. Anyone have any big apostate plans or will you just stay out of sight? I may drive by my local KH where I live now to see if there are a lot of people attending and who knows distribute some of my own literature. Yeah, I know, I'm bitter.

• gumby
    gumby
    Anyone have any big apostate plans or will you just stay out of sight?

I'm going to get a gallon of Thunderbird wine and some Ritz crackers, and putting down the tailgate of my truck, and turning on my getto blaster with 'Kingdom Melodies' playing, and doing it all in the parking lot of the Kingdom Hall at sundown. Anyone wanna join me? I'll share the crackers, but not my wine.

Gumby

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

Gumby,

Ritz? I dont think that is Rabbi approved. You need to use Manischewitz buddy, Matzos.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Actually, we're having my dad's birthday party today. I didn't even realize it was time for the memorial until yesterday.

CountryGuy

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Rocky and I were trying to decide if we would stop in...make them wonder what we're up to... since we're not DF'd or DA'd. The CO paid a visit to Rocky last month, but did not invite him to Memorial, didn't mention me or the kids either. Bumped into a couple of JWs the other day (almost literrally). They didn't really invite me formally but asked me if I was going to go to memorial. Don't think they would have spoken to me but there were too many people in the hallway who would have seen their rude behavior. It's a small town - it would have gotten around quickly. Kinda don't think we'll go...we like being out of their radar and going would just make them look our way again. I have enjoyed the past 5 years of thinking (and living) outside the Borg box. And besides, just learned from my sis that our brother is telling people we are apostate...which is funny, cuz he stopped talking to us before we quit going to the KH. The point is not that we are or are not apostates, but where did Brother 'Goody-goody' get his information? and what right does he have telling people my business without asking me?

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Mrs. Rocky. That comment about your sister and brother in law reminded me of the way they stomped out of Sharon's memorial, offended at the speaker's remarks about the way Sharon was treated before her death. I was going through some of ther photos last week and found several of your sis with them in NY, when they all went back for a wedding. She was such a sweetie then. They are pretty much inactive aren't they? Kind of makes you wonder.

we like being out of their radar and going would just make them look our way again.

I totally agree witht his comment. My daughter in law, her mother and sister are all three going tonight. I warned her this might happen, but she doesn't care. They haven't been out long enough to let go of this superstition.

It wasn't hard for us to not go, as soon as we were successfully faded. Now my friend at the KH has been telling people that if we go it will be to a different KH.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

what's April 4th?

edited:

sorry, should read before I post. Memorial tomorrow eh?

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Mulan...actually it was my brother, not my sis, surprisingly. Sis is actually is mad at our brother for spreading the rumours about us. But it hasn't stopped her from going to the KH. She is trying to be more regular with meeting attendance. She got pushy with our oldest child about memorial attendance, and that backfired on her (and she doesn't know that I know what happened). She is willing to accept us as long as we don't talk about 'spiritual' things. Even tho she is a slacker, she sure defends WT! As you saw at Sharon's memorial, she left the room like someone was going to try to kill her!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

My wife and I are neither df'd or da'd but sometimes I wish we were. People are still speaking to us but, so far, are not asking questions. Friday, the PO and his wife came by to invite us to the memorial, and therein lies a tale.

I have known the po and his wife since we were preteens and will attest to the fact they are both sincere, nice and genreally good persons. On this day he asked me if I remembered the "Smyths", made up name, and I responded with, "not Don Smyth." "Don Smyth" molested some 26 boys around the circuit back in the late 60's or early 70"s. I know one of them very well as wife and I have dinner with them on occasion. Well, I guess the inflection in my voice and the look on my face tipped him off to the fact I know too much because he got that deer in the headlight look and said he was thinking of "Dons" daughter. I have never seen anyone recover so quickly.

At any rate, we will not be going to the memorial tonight and I hope the fact I know a few things, from 2nd hand sources, keeps us out of the line of fire. Bug

• wasasister
    wasasister

This is the first year I won't be going. I also "faded" about 5 years ago, but I accepted my older daughter's invitation each year simply because it made her happy. I also got an annual visit by my former bookstudy conductor again this year; although I wasn't at home, an invitation was shoved into my front door.

My daughter invited me again this year and I said I'd get back to her. I think by now, she understands I'm not going. I hate to hurt her feelings (and this certainly will), but it's time to draw the line. The "radar" comment is a valid one and a fader such as myself needs to stay invisible as far as possible.

The way Witnesses think - as long as you keep attending the Memorial, there is still hope for you. This thinking is why my daughter will be hurt, and why I cannot go. I'm just holding out a false expectation to her that I might someday return.

I've never sat her down and explained in detail my objections to the religion. To do so would only confuse and alienate her. We've managed to stay close despite my exit, and I want to keep the lines of communication open in case she has any doubts in the future.

Mulan, Rocky, etal: interesting that daylight savings time started today. That means in areas where several congregations share a hall, some of the meetings will be quite late and some will have to use other venues just to get done before midnight!

Wasa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit