Is anyone going to Glastonbury?

by reboot 29 Replies latest jw friends

• reboot
    reboot

Decided on the spur of the moment to try and get some Glastonbury tickets yesterday,as there were still 55, 000 left due to the system cock ups... had friends who stayed up til 5am trying on the friday night but none of us had any luck, mind you, with two teenagers and a child it's the equivilent of a small mortgage...Did anyone here have any joy? I've just had a phone call this morning to say I had Sunday tickets , the ones you can get if you live in Somerset...ive got a phone number if anyone want to try it..

so; if anyone wants to meet up to have a shamanistic dance or two, share moment in the tipi field or help me negociate the toilet block..... i'll be around...

• ball.
    ball.

No - but I am going down the pub in a minute - it's the only day in the year I bet - here's a tip: Clan Royal to win Gunner Welburn each way. I have also put one on for my mate - Bindaree to win.

• reboot
    reboot

Thats nearly as good Ball.......

im going to go for Blowing wind....he was 2nd last year...i'll keep an eye out for yours in the race .....mine usually fall and kill the jockey at the first fence mind you. so that's not a tip...

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

mememememememememe

this will be my second, last year was awesome especially as it was my first. Had a real 'glasto moment' as I came up just as REM started playing 'everybody hurts'

• reboot
    reboot

Lucky boy SLH...I usually get offered a few but not this year...REM were there the first year I went too....they were the only band I actually remembered having seen that year apart from Madness...

If you want to say 'hi' there i'll pm you my mobile number.

just seen your post on the other one..a proper cider, with all the bits in it? now youve persuaded me..

• baysixforme
    baysixforme

I GOT THE TICKETS!

A massive thank you for letting me have that number! Been trying since 9 this morning and got through about 10 minutes ago.

Will keep in touch via the board and probs be seeing you at the Cider tent!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

• reboot
    reboot

WOOHOO!!!!!!you're very welcome

the local tickets for local people? you must be near me .....we'll have to do a mobile no. exchange and get drunk on cheap cider...yay!!!!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Will we see The Bay City Rollers?

I just like to keep with the latest trends.

Mr. Beavis.

• baysixforme
    baysixforme

Reboot

not really local, by any means! however the lady on the phone was really helpful. We get picked up by coach in Glastonbury at 10 am, which then takes us to the site. Will drive down to Bristol and stay with my good friend the night before though. Can hardly wait! Look forward to meeting you, see you soon.

Eman

Are you going too?

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

so who's going to be there and on what days? I will be there from Wednesday to monday and will be camping on the hitchens hill field above the cinema field.

Anyone who's there is welcome to come and join me for a drink, look for the BOCC flag and ask for steve.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit