dem dang Awakes!

by Copernicus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest CopperCorn... may you have peace!

Your quote was excellent:

"He goes on to explain how it is the frustrated that are most easily drawn to mass movements because of their dissatisfaction with the present, and the promise offered of an immediate, radical change in their circumstances. One in which they will find themselves as the favored (or at least surviving) subjects."

Has anyone notice that 'in the Bible', my Lord was quoted to have decried the RELIGIOUS system... but not the entire world? Things that make you go 'hmmmmm...'. What did he say of the Greeks? The Romans? What Chinese/Oriental did he condemn? Which East Indian or Native American?

Rahab was not an Israelite; she had not ate manna, was not sprinkled with blood, had not celebrated the Passover or crossed the Red Sea. She had not entered into the Law Covenant at Sinai, nor was any male of her house circumcised. In other words... SHE WAS NOT A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS (they DO say it started with Abel, yes?)

And yet, she AND HER ENTIRE HOUSEHOLD, were considered worthy not only to be saved when Jericho was destroyed, but to be an ancestor of my Lord's physical flesh! Now how is THAT possible? It was possible because, as my Lord was recorded to have said:

"To the extent you did it to the LEAST of these
    my brothers, you did it to me!"

Rahab EXERCISED faith in the God of Israel, by HIDING the Israelite spies, my Lord's 'brothers'! And so, she was SAVED... she and her entire household (includind extended family, ya'll)... due to her faith!

I bring this up because the MAIN message of the JW's is that if you ain't one of them... you're gonna die! And that is absolute nonsense! My Lord never even thought such a thing, let alone taught it. When Jerusalem fell... JERUSALEM fell... and not Rome.

So, rather than preaching 'Woe!' to those that are not 'like' them, Jehovah's Witnesses should WAKE UP... and pay attention to the words of the prophets Amos, who said:

"WOE... to THOSE... who are CRAVING the day of JAH.
    WHAT, then, will the day of JAH mean... to YOU people?"

It is indeed a bad thing to be blind; it is worse, however, to BE blind, but think you have sight. Too bad, too bad.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

AGuest - I have no idea of what you're talking about in the above, and I have no idea of what it (whatever it is) has to do with the subject of this thread.

And please. . . I'm not asking for any elaboration, OK?

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

Truman said:

Yes, all the problems plaguing children will be permanently solved when they are wiped out at Armageddon. What an amazing and effective solution!

Yes, and don’t forget that it’s cost effective to boot! Ha, ha

Right now I am at the library to use their internet access, as my phone line has gone down and can't be repaired till Monday. I was having internet withdrawal! I am going to look for the book you mentioned before I leave.

That book is a must have. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. Although like C of C, it WILL leave you angry in certain parts. But on the up side, you’ll never be sucked into a cult (or anything like it) again.

Ciao

• jelly
    jelly

Copernicus,

I am not completely sure what Aguest is trying to say but I think his point is this:

Jesus himself felt religious systems were inherently evil so you should not be surprised that they exhibit some of the control techniques that you read about in the book by Eric Hoffer.

Jelly

• TMS
    TMS

The "Awake! formula is so simplistic that almost anyone of us could write an article:

1. Identify a problem
    2. Show how inept "worldly"
    solutions are
    3. Detail the Kingdom
    solution.

TMS

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

Jelly:

Jesus himself felt religious systems were inherently evil so you should not be surprised that they exhibit some of the control techniques that you read about in the book by Eric Hoffer.

Thanks for the thought, I understand your point. I didn’t meant to come off rude to Aguest, though I’m sure it seemed that way, but I’m just burned out on convoluted religious meanderings.

I feel the same way about Jesus himself sometimes. I mean after all he went through, if he had something to say, why not just SAY IT? Couldn’t the message have been condensed down to the essentials (and in some places it is)? Why all the parables with a zillion conflicting applications? If Jesus himself felt that religious systems were inherently evil, he could have done a lot more to protect people from being preyed upon by those who “go forth. . . in his name.”

Ahhhhhh. . . I’ve been down that “there are no contradictions in the bible” road, and I’m not going there again.

Aguest – I apologize, sorry.

bye

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

Oh, and TMS. . . next opening on the writing committee - it's yours bro!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Jelly and CopperCorns (sorry, I like nicknames... ask anyone...)... may you have peace!

Jelly, you are correct. That's why I asked WHO did my Lord condemn? The WTBTS applies EVERYTHING to 'earthly' governments... and yet, our 'wrestling' is not WITH 'earthly' governments, but against 'the government, authorities, and world rulers of this DARKNESS, the wicked SPIRIT FORCES in... THE HEAVENLY PLACES.'

Ephesians 6:12 (please, see Greek)

But, of course, they got it wrong. Of course. They go around judging and condemning and saying everybody's got 'ta go... but them. And why not them? "The temple of Jehovah, the temple of Jehovah we are." Same thing the Jews said. Did them... or their 'organization'... no good either.

CopperCorns (sorry, I know it's Copernicus, but...), I didn't think you rude at all. You simply didn't understand. No problem. There were things my Lord said that his disciples didn't understand right away, either. Unlike 'religion', however, when asked by those that 'belonged' to him, he condescended to explain. But he said that he spoke the way he did, so that some WOULDN'T get it. Why? You must remember: of the things revealed to Christ's slaves, even the ANGELS don't know and wish to 'peer' into.

If you were a king and you were setting up your 'cabinet' (or parliament or whathaveyou), you wouldn't speak in a way that made your 'sacred secrets' known to all, would you? For that could prove to be dangerous. You would speak in a way so that those who 'belonged' to you could either (a) understand right away, a 'code' per se, or (b) could have it explained to them in further detail at some later time, away from others. Yes? And that's all that happened. Truly, nothing 'new'... under the sun.

I try to speak in a way that ASSUMES intelligence, not ignorance. We all have the CAPACITY... and dictionaries... to look up words we don't understand. But we don't all have the wherewithall. I don't say that as a mockery, but as a truth... and a caution. Let me explain:

One the GREATEST 'tools' of religion (just as it is of ANY kind of slavery), is the ignorance of the masses... the enslaved. Religion COUNTS on you not knowing what words mean, where they originated, how they were originally rendered and meant to be used, how they were changed, who changed them... and for what purpose. They are COUNTING on you to not CARE enough... to find this stuff out. And THE greatest 'religion' at doing that... is the WTBTS.

You see, the WTBTS COUNTS on the fact that you... and many others... don't particularly LIKE to read, POSSESS limited reading comprehension skills... and WON'T look up word meanings. They COUNT on it. That's why they print the garbage and propaganda that they do! Again, I don't say this as a mockery... but as truth! Christianity is most guilty of this, restricting reading of the Bible FROM the laity and reserving it only for the heirarchy of priests, bishops, etc. The WTBTS leaders figured out that there IS nothing new under the sun... that mankind could STILL be 'misled'... and has made a FORTUNE... doing it.

Centuries ago, LOTS of folks were burned at the stake... for reading... and COMPREHENDING... what the Bible actually said, and stating that what the Catholic Church was TEACHING... was in opposition. The WTBTS is absolutely NO different. That is the very reason WHY they print so many publications. THEY... know YOU... aren't going to question what they say, because you don't really COMPREHEND what they say OR what the Bible says... and you won't TRY to... so, you are FAIR GAME... for being misled.

Again, no mockery... for I, too, was misled. But I questioned all along and was 'under suspicion' from day one. I just bought into that 'wait on Jehovah' melarkey, like so many others. Until I just couldn't 'buy it' anymore. Until I heard a voice that said, "READ IT AGAIN! and did, and saw the LIE."

What's my point? If you don't understand something... ASK! If you can't ask... you are in the WRONG place... among the WRONG people. People who speak truth... have NOTHING to hide... and have the answers to questions about THEIR statements. And if you don't understand a word... LOOK IT UP! If you can't look it up because you aren't sure of the spelling, use your MsWord or WordPerfect or other word processing program. Type the word at you THINK it should be spelled... then use the spellcheck. 9 times out of 10, it will give you the correct spelling. Then, you can click on your thesaurus... and see similar words that will give you a clue. And, as I said, there is ALWAYS the dictionary.

I am not trying to 'talk down' to you... or chastise you. Perhaps you know all of this already. But I have found that a LOT of people don't read pertinent information... or skip over words they don't know or understand... to their one detriment. They either don't get useful information... or misinterpret it... or have it misinpreted TO them, because of the 'oh well, it's not important' attitude.

And like I said, religion... particularly the WTBTS... is counting on that.

So, if I EVER post anything that you don't understand, all you need do is ask, and I will explain it further, okay? I promise.

And I remain...

Your servant, and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• jelly
    jelly

Copernicus,

but I’m just burned out on convoluted religious meanderings.

I could not agree more!! I told my mom three months ago that I have a 30 minute limit on God stuff every week, which means the maximum time I will spend talking about god, going to church, etc can only total 30 minutes in a given week. Over those 3 months my god stuff limit is stabilized at about 10 minutes a week.

Jelly (must have been all those spiritual force feedings from the tower)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit