Why did you lie to us Jesus?

by XQsThaiPoes 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Faraon
    Faraon

Gary,

Biggest Mathematical Miracle in the World

Another Miracle and Mathematics from http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/joseph_wheless/is_it_gods_word/chapter_04.html , page 88 -89 of their electronic version of Is It God?s Word, Chapter 4. I?ll just copy and paste the amazing math about the quails thrown at his people on a fit of anger!

?One linear mile contains 5280 feet; one square mile therefore contains 27,878,400 square feet. The whole area of 4425.76 square miles would equal 123,383,107,584 square feet. Each square foot being covered 44 inches, or 3.66 feet, high with quails, each quail occupying 27 cubic inches of space, with 64 quails to the cubic foot, the total would be 452,404,727,808 cubic feet of quails. A bit of ready reckoning, on this conservative basis, gives us just 28,953,902,579,712 quails in this divine prodigy of a pot-hunt! Ever soul of the 2,414,200 of the "hosts of Yahveh" therefore had the liberal allowance of 11,993,167 quails. We can well believe, if the Children of Israel had to eat so many quails, even in "a whole month," that, as Yahveh promised or threatened, they would "come out at your nostrils and be loathsome to-you!"..

Also, they had to have sheep for the Passover. Just under page 81 of the same link , you?ll find the following:

?lambs of the first year for this one day's passover sacrifice. There would probably be as many female lambs of the same year, which would make 482,840 first-year lambs, to say nothing of the sheep and goats. Sheep-raising statistics show that, in average flocks of all ages, the total number is about five times that of the increase of one season's births; this would give us exactly the same number of sheep as of Hebrews, 2,414,200. Modern sheep-raisers seldom have grazing lands which will support more than two sheep to the acre. Allowing five to the acre for biblical Egypt, 482,840 acres of land, or 754 square miles, nearly two-thirds the area of the state of Rhode Island, would be required merely for pasturing the sheep of the slave Israelites, not allowing for their other cattle and horses, none of which had been killed in the plagues, and of which the children of Israel had large "flocks and herds, even very much cattle?

Boy, they didn?t figure too much on the math, did they?

Faraon

• Robby
    Robby

I am not a JW but this is how i see it: there were not two cubits high of quales lying on the ground, but rather when they flew in they were flying between zero and two cubits high (from the face of the earth 2 cubits high), easy to catch, all around the camp. The number of quales would not be as high as one might imagine. It also mentioned that they spread them abroard for them selves, i.e. made piles of them - if they were lying on the ground they would not need to make piles of them.

But even if it were the case imagine it today: every news crew in the region would have been on location, and the whole region would know about it - God likes to make his miracles known, especially when he is confirming his word which he gave to moses.

31 And there went forth a wind from the LORD, and brought quails from the sea, and let them fall by the camp, as it were a day's journey on this side, and as it were a day's journey on the other side, round about the camp, and as it were two cubits high upon the face of the earth. 32 And the people stood up all that day, and all that night, and all the next day, and they gathered the quails: he that gathered least gathered ten homers: and they spread them all abroad for themselves round about the camp.

• boa
    boa

Garybuss and SS, thanks for the comments that have a 'ring of truth' to them for me.

Interesting idea X but I agree with some of the others that it could be taken different ways although I like the direct connection with the idea and common words of serpents and what father would do such a thing - the reason it was done in the former of course is different than the reason it wouldn't be done in the latter - still, neat find!

boa

...not really a believer in anything now, and probably next will go to research the early jewish religion and especially how the bible came about and whether it is 'from God'.

Gary, you ever planning to start a new religion - cuz I want to join it! JUST KIDDING LOL

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gumball

Sorry if i piss you off w my sarcastic criticism. It's my anger at those ideas that were used to beat me, imprison me, cripple me, make me afraid, make me feel guilty/worthless for so many yrs, made me sacrifice so much of myself since i was a little kid. If they stood up under the bright spotlight of thorough examination, if they were a reflection of truth, then it would be fine. But, as far as i can see, they don't. But that's me.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit