Why did you lie to us Jesus?

by XQsThaiPoes 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Luke 11:10-13

10 For everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking it will be opened. 11 Indeed, which father is there among YOU who, if his son asks for a fish, will perhaps hand him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he also asks for an egg, will hand him a scorpion? 13 Therefore, if YOU, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to YOUR children, how much more so will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those asking him!"

Numbers 21:5-6

5 And the people kept speaking against God and Moses: ?Why have YOU brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? For there is no bread and no water, and our soul has come to abhor the contemptible bread.? 6 So Jehovah sent poisonous serpents among the people, and they kept biting the people, so that many people of Israel died.

Luke 18:18-19

And a certain ruler questioned him, saying: "Good Teacher, by doing what shall I inherit everlasting life?" 19 Jesus said to him: "Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God.

Comments.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Who's Jesus?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Excellent comparison, XQ! It's a new one on me.

All the Israelites were doing was asking for a small amount of variety in their diet, which their deity should have been easily able to provide.

Instead this God of theirs insists that they appreciate and be endlessly thankful for a diet of bread and water. Was this God on some power trip? (Waiting for lightning to come out of heaven and strike me while I sit in front of the keyboard.)

But really -- God created us with natural desires. What's wrong with asking for what you naturally want?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Perhaps the biggest s t r e t c h of the minds imagination was when it reduced our infinite and indefinable Source down to a person and named it: Jehovah, Allah, Jesus, or whoever. To expect harmony and coherence, or just a little bit of rational sense, out of these deities -- who are innately irrational and false -- is not wise....unless one likes going around in a tiny circle forever, and ever and... j

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

James:
    I prefer spirals, as long as they are ever seeking and extending outwards...

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    And the people kept speaking against God and Moses:

The key word here is against. There is a difference between politely asking for something and whining and/or trashing the person from whom you are asking the favor. For example, if you were to ask your parents for some money, would you ask politely, or would you say "Hey old farts! Gimme some dough?" Unless your parents have a good sense of humor and you were jovial using the second phrase, it's not going to produce favorable results.

The people in the excerpt from Numbers were given serpents because they lost faith in God are were rebelling against him.

Now, I'm not some right wing Bible beater who thinks everything in the Bible is 100% true, but I do think you missed the point of the lessons in the passages you cited.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

So what is it lesson perfect God gets to kill imperfect people for being want of food that has not been on the floor?

BTW if you compare Moses to the watchtower they are almost at parity. If Jehovah actually did choose the Jehovah's Witnesses doesn't it mean the apostates are screwed because even if their complaint is legitimate our God will kill you anyway for "speaking against" the guy he put in charge. Because in reality you are charging those whom died with apostasy for demanding food and water after already being punished to die in the wilderness. I am not pro-apostate, but you do understand that some of these complaints here are the same complaints the Israelites had. Namely being lead by a Privileged leader they deemed incompetent.

• Satanus
    Satanus

XQ

Namely being lead by a Privileged leader they deemed incompetent.

It's the same thing jesus did when he took the priests to task. It was the jew god's command to kill those who spoke against the priests. It follows then, that the having jesus killed was due recompense for his error. It follows also, that the religion based on the rebel jesus isn't and never was legitimate. Judaism was/is god's real, original religion, at least if you take the ot as meaning what it says, and saying what it means. 'Course, i don't believe the ot is from god, anymore than is the wt mag rag is.

SS

• new light
    new light

Looks like you've stumbled upon another hole in the Swiss cheese. Good work, XQsThaiPoes. The more of these contradictions you

rational Bible readers find, the more people start to wake up and smell reality. Personally, I've given up on the whole thing, but I (and

probably others) applaud your efforts.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

X, that was great! Thanks for sharing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit