Misconceptions of the GB

by Larry 19 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

Oh it doesnt suprise me at all!

Listen to what the society recently said about pinata's! They said peoples traditions shouldnt get in the way of being a good dub or some such.

Did you know that Eastern European congregations still are allowed to celebrate christmas? yes!

They will say and do anything to gain members. Now I KNOW I will be asked to supply backup of that, so off I go to look.....

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    Here was one of mine, when folks would ask me why wasn't their any Blacks on the GB. I would say that the Blacks weren't educated enough at the time (late 1800's - early 1900's) to govern a worldwide organization.

I'm sorry, whoever told you that bullshit is probably the most ignorant man that has ever walked the earth.

• Lieu
    Lieu

A misconception:

The GB writes the articles and books put out. They read them all and pray over them before they are put out too.

Since most of the JW file believes this they take whatever is in those pubs as gospel.

Having given themselves the title Ambassadors of Christ, they don't mention the one whom they're representing much. As a matter of fact, they have all but bumped him out of the equation...that darn Memorial is what's keeeping him from JW annihilation.

Satan must be proud.

JW's oogle over the GB the same as Catholics oogle over the Pope. JW structure mirrors that of the CC with semantics in titles being all the rage. Laymen, Priests, Bishops, Cardinals, Pope. --- Publishers, Ministerial Servants, Elders, DOs, COs, and GB.

• True North
    True North
    Did you know that Eastern European congregations still are allowed to celebrate christmas? yes!

little witch, I eagerly await the backup for this that you are looking for. This would be pretty interesting.

• Larry
    Larry

LW - I never heard of two things you said, but thanks for giving me food for thought:

"Did you know that Eastern European congregations still are allowed to celebrate christmas? yes!"

And

"I know when I left in 1980 or so that it was still preached that blacks were hams decendants and blackness was a curse."

Cold Red - No one ever told me that. I just used that explaination (poor one) when ever someone ask me about the BORG's policy on Blacks regarding the GB. At the time, I was as loyal as they come, and I tried to make all kinds of excuses for the BORG, and that one made sense to me - what else could I say? That they were racist? I was asked that question often. It just showed the height of my ignornance at the time when I would, at all cost, try to justify the BORG's stance on anything.

Nilfun - True, The NWT Translation Committee do not qualify to translate any Bible.

I now know that the BORG was applying the thoughts and procedures of the general public. Were they racist? Sure, but who wasn't - Most of the institutions in the U.S. during the late 1800's and early 1900's were. It was ingrained in their minds since infancy.

In our modern times, try and start a worldwide organization w/ millions of members with no diversity at the executive level, and claim that they are the only true religion - It ain't gonna happen.

Peace - LL

• moses
    moses

I to remember being taught that the blacks were the descandants of Ham and that they were a cursed race and that was in the suberbs of Chicago I always felt that many of the witnesses looked at blacks differently as if yeah we have to accept them they are Gods people too.

• sonoita
    sonoita

All,

The teaching of blacks being cursed is not a JW teaching. Any reference of this nature would have to go back to the Russell days, if at all.

• dustyb
    dustyb

biggest misconception of all is that the GB are both faithful and wise. another one........they're educated and know what they're talkign about. another misconception is that the GB and faithful and wise write everything...... i could keep on going.

where did you actually hear that european's still celebrate christmas, beccause i've never heard that one.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

One I always use to think was that they were meek people who led lives of poor. Yet when ui served in Bethel they drove nice cars, lived in the biggest rooms, and were treated as royalty.

And the biggest misconception is that they go in field service. They don't. They count thier tme when they give public talks and such. No standing in Subway station for two hours trying to get that 90 in.

• badboy
    badboy

U learn something ever day,blacks being descendants of Ham,that was a mormon teaching as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit