EBAY SELLS !!!!!!!! UNO Quicky

by Klaus Vollmer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

The person selling on Ebay must be doing well. I think I will start selling my older books for mega bucks. I have three of the Millennial Dawn books. They must be worth something.

As he has the book "Thy Kingdom Come" for sale at 99.00 us. and I own that book.

I am total amazed by how many pieces of older literature is popular on ebay.

The other day I went into a second hand book shop in our town and found several older books and I was also able to pick up the original bk the "Truth that Leads to Eternal Life. I lost my copy years ago and so I am happy to have that again to put in my library.

Any ways as I said, some people are doing okay buy selling this stuff. I wish I had the 78 rpms from the days of Rutherford, my mother has them and will never give them to me.

Love Orangefatcat.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Orangefatcat.

Did you know that there was a change in the wording in the "Truth that leads to Eternal life" book? If you have one of the original first copies 1967. In the later reprints they changed some of the wording. I read it somewhere on one of the JW sites.

Will

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Will, yes the bk I have was an original copy.

Do you recall what was it that changed?

If you do recall let me know please.

Orangefatcat says thanks in advance.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Orangefatcat.

After some research I found the information;

*** The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life (book) 1968 pg.9 ch.1 Grand Blessings from God Near at Hand! ***

[Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]

[As published in original 1968 edition]

Also, as reported back in 1960, a former United States Secretary of State, Dean Acheson, declared that our time is "a period of unequaled instability, unequaled violence." And he warned: "I know enough of what is going on to assure you that, in fifteen years from today, this world is going to be too dangerous to live in."

[Emphasis Added]

*** The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life (book) 1981 pg.9 ch.1 Grand Blessings from God Near at Hand! ***

[As published in 1981 edition]

Also, as reported back in 1960, a former United States Secretary of State, Dean Acheson, declared that our time is "a period of unequaled instability, unequaled violence." Based on what he knew was then going on in the world, it was his conclusion that soon "this world is going to be too dangerous to live in."

[Emphasis Added]

*** The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life (book) 1968 p.88-89 ch.10 God's Kingdom Comes to Power in the Midst of Its Enemies ***

[Note: not available on 1993/1995/1999 CD-ROM]

[As published in original 1968 edition]

[Scan Available!]

11 During and after World War II widespread food shortages added to the distress. Shortly after the war Look magazine observed:

"A fourth of the world is starving today. Tomorrow will even be worse. Famine over most of the world now is more terrible than most of us can imagine. . . . There are now more people hunting desperately for food than at any other time in history."

More recently, the book entitled "Famine-1975!" [by W. & P. Paddock, 1967, pp. 52, 55, 61.] said concerning today's food shortages:

"Hunger is rampant throughout country after country, continent after continent around the undeveloped belt of the tropics and subtropics. Today's crisis can move in only one direction - toward catastrophe. Today hungry nations; tomorrow starving nations.

By 1975 civil disorder, anarchy, military dictatorships, runaway inflation, transportation breakdowns and chaotic unrest will be the order of the day in many of the hungry nations."

[Emphasis Added]

*** The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life (book) 1981 p.88-89 ch.10 God's Kingdom Comes to Power in the Midst of Its Enemies ***

[As published in 1981 edition]

11 During and after World War II widespread food shortages added to the distress. Shortly after the war Look magazine observed:

"A fourth of the world is starving today. Tomorrow will even be worse. Famine over most of the world now is more terrible than most of us can imagine. . . . There are now more people hunting desperately for food than at any other time in history."

More recent reports have shown that a constant lack of adequate food, resulting in chronic malnutrition, has become the "major world hunger problem today." The London Times reported:

"There have always been famines, but the scale and ubiquity [presence everywhere] of hunger today is on a totally new scale. . . . Today malnutrition is said to affect more than a thousand million people; perhaps as many as 400 million live constantly on the brink of starvation."-June 3, 1980.

[Emphasis Added]

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/mini_tru.htm

• Sassy
    Sassy

I probably have one of the original copies of the "Truth" book.. I'll have to check..

I see that the item this thread was about never got a bid..........$595 was a lot of money to ask for a first bid

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I checked it out and he/she has 65 items listed but not one bidder

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I have the original "Truth" book and oodles of other s. If I thought I could get big bucks for them I'd sell them in a heart beat. I could use the money for sure.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Financially speaking, it could have been the best half crown (Thats English old pre decimal money) that I ever invested. In terms of a wasted life, it was the worst.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit