..And Your Most Favourite Brit Recipe Is......

by Englishman 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i was at a business exhibition today in london where a cornish pasty seller was letting people taste their pasties and sausage rolls. fantastic! you cant beat a good pasty in flakey pastry. mmmmmmmmmm

• little witch
    little witch

May I offer squirrel, non-beaten?

LOLOLOLOL

Yes we eat squirrels here. gently shot and scraped.....

then fried. No beatings. LOLOLOL

Eman posted a while back a picture of a cute little squirrel, and when I said "suppertime"! He freaked out! LOLOL

At any rate, that English food looks gross! And here, "toad in the hole" is simply eggs cooked in bread....

One english dish I would eat is called (I think) pip and squeak. Cabbage and potatoes fried together. I got that one from "Two Fat Ladies".

• FMZ
    FMZ

Eman... being from England I was a little disturbed at the idea of eating squirrel too.. .but it is actually very good :)

FMZ

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LW:
    Toad in the hole is definitely sausages and onions baked in Yorkshire pudding (batter).
    I think you are refering to "eggy bread", which has other names, also.

The other dish is "Bubble and Squeak".

• little witch
    little witch

Bubble and squeak! thats it!

At any rate, there were no kidneys or intestines involved, so I found it edible. Tee Hee hee.

BTW, It is morel mushroom season here in Indiana.....sigh.....

• Englishman
    Englishman
    At any rate, there were no kidneys or intestines involved, so I found it edible. Tee Hee hee.

But kidneys are delicious! Grilled first, then served along with bacon, eggs and black pudding.

Slurp!

Englishman.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Steak and Kidney pie.

Liver, bacon and onions with mashed potato.

Hot toast and Marmite.

Darn, I'm starting to feel hungry. It's after 1:30am, and I must go get myself some supper, and away to bed - LOL.

• little witch
    little witch

Black puddin? oh gawd....I feel faint....

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

How about White pudding (oatmeal, onions and spices), then?

I daren't suggest sheeps head broth, or "cearc an cropaigh" (fish heads stuffed with livers), as neither appeal to me, either.
    Guga (oily brid, from the Outer Hebrides) is semi-palatable, though.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Steamed Meat Pudding boliled up on a stove in a tea cloth with kidney........for 3--4 hours .

Empty onto a plate, apply Colmans English mustard liberaly, Worcester Sauce, black pepper, salt to taste......

The Food of Gods

Scoob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit