..And Your Most Favourite Brit Recipe Is......

by Englishman 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

..Right now I have a craving for Jellied Eels!

Yum!

Englishman.

• Valis
    Valis

yuck! Needless to say I will be refraining from the jellied eels on my visit to your fair island E....eeewww...however I could go for a good sheppards pie...I love those!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

A nice hot lamb madras with pilau rice, pickles, chutneys and a barrel full of puppodums. A shami kebab for starters with a cauliflower bhaji on the side. Mmmmmmmmmm.

As English as it gets mate.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Not really a recipe... but ever since I have moved over to these United States... I have missed those awesome kebabs... lamb, lettuce, tomatoes, more crap, sauce, and yoghurt.... <me cries>

FMZ

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

A good Steak-Pie and some Guiness ... that's what i like if i come to the island.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Little Toe recommended this to me:

Cullen Skink(Serves 6)

1 lb. Finnan haddock or smoked haddock 1 Onion, peeled and roughly chopped 1 pint Fish or chicken stock 8 oz. Young leeks, trimmed, washed and thinly sliced 8 oz. Potatoes, cooked and mashed 2 oz. Butter ½ pint Whipping cream 1 Egg yolk Salt White Pepper 1 tbsp. Finely chopped parsley

Method:

1. 1. Put the haddock and chopped onion in a shallow saucepan and just cover with cold water. Bring slowly to a boil and simmer gently for about 10 minutes, or until the fish flesh is coming away from the bone. Strain and reserve the liquid, but discard the onion.
    2. 2. Remove the skin from the fish and flake the flesh from the bones. Return the skin and bones to the pan with the reserved liquid. Bring to a boil and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
    3. 3. Strain again and discard the skin and bones. Mix this liquid with the stock in a large pan. Bring to a boil, add the leeks and boil for 10 minutes or until tender.
    4. 4. Mix in the mashed potatoes and butter until smooth. Add the flaked fish and simmer for 5 minutes.
    5. 5. Beat the cream and egg yolk until smooth and add to the soup. Stir over a low heat until the soup is thoroughly heated, but do not let it boil or it will curdle.
    6. 6. Season with salt and pepper, and serve with a sprinkling of parsley on each dish.

xjw_b12, of the "international cuisine class"

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

There's a good place in Oak Bay Village in Victoria to get English food called "The Blethering Place." Heres my favourite english dishes:

-Chicken Pot Pie

-Bangers and Mash

• avishai
    avishai

The british have recipes?

• FMZ
    FMZ

Yep... the British have as many recipes as the Americans have types of deep fried foods.

FMZ

• roybatty
    roybatty

Fav Brit recipe? Six bottles of New Castle. Mmmmm....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit