Alert !!!!! Buckwheat is not washable!!!!!

by Thunder Rider 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Here is a story sure to bring a chuckle. Last night one of our cats decided to pee on my side of our bed. I guess he's mad at me or somthing. I was hacked off and we stripped the bed and slept on some of the afghans that Sheila makes. My favorite pillow was part of the victimized bedding. My Sobakawa pillow no less!

The Sobakawa pillow is filled with buchwheat hulls and weighs about 5 pounds dry. I figured I was going to have to replace it.

Sheila decided to suprise me by washing it while I was at work. She knows I can't sleep without it.

As I often say, no good deed goes unpunished. I came home early and heard the washingmachine overflowing onto the floor. The pillow had exploded in the washer and filled the drum with the expanded volume of the grain husks. It plugged the drain of the washtub and made one hell of a mess. I had to laugh. I hope you will too.

http://www.thunderridersburden.com/pics/data/media/1/washer.jpg

http://www.thunderridersburden.com/pics/data/media/1/clog.jpg

http://www.thunderridersburden.com/pics/data/media/1/disaster.jpg

Thunder ==}>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* Doh! I hate cats that spray...I really hate cats that are fixed and still spray.. Can you say catfish bait?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Scully
    Scully

oh myyyyy gawwwwwd... what a MESSSSSS!!

poor Sheila.. I bet she feels bad about destroying your pillow.

However, I bet the cat is mildly amused. Maybe it's time to trade-in the cat for a new pillow.

Love, Scully

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sounds like kitty will be sleeping in a box full of wet buckwheat tonight!

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

I was going to ask if Elsewhere was aware of this - with Buckwheat being his friend and all - but apparently he is..so, never mind...!

growedup

P.S. Sorry about the pillow and the mess, by the way!

• Sassy
    Sassy

ahhhh... poor both of you! What a mess!

I am attached to a quilt that I pretty much take with me everywhere I go.. I'd be devastated if I lost it... fortunately it is washable

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Sheila dosen't look like she is laughing

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Alert !!!!! Buckwheat is not washable!!!!! In Association with art.com

And neither is Alfalfa !
  • asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Oh, Gawwwwd. Tell Sheila I feel for her. It's bad enough when the cat (or the kids or whoever) makes a mess, somehow things always seem to go from bad to worse! And having a mess like that in the washer is just a nightmare!

With me stuff like this always seems to happen when I'm already stressed and don't have a minute to spare, much less an hour or more to clean the mess out of the washer!!

I suppose it would be totally uncharitable to say I'm rather glad it's her this time and not me!!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

---------->leaving thread now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit