the king of the north

by Curious Mind 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

WTBTS Will say Australia is now the King of the North if they dont have a better candidate before they would admit they were wrong.

• rocketman
    rocketman

If they come out with some "new light" that it's Islamic Fundamentalism, I'd have a real problem with that conclusion. It's not accurate geographically, for one thing, since the war on terror is west - east. Also, I can't see where, in Daniel, Islamic Fundies fit in, since there's only vss 45, 46 of Daniel 11 to still be fulfilled, according to the wts. Those verses:

44 But reports from the east and the north will alarm him, and he will set out in a great rage to destroy and annihilate many. 45 He will pitch his royal tents between the seas at [6] the beautiful holy mountain. Yet he will come to his end, and no one will help him.

How that could apply to Islamic Fundies or Muslim religion in general is beyond me, since those verses are simply a continuation of previous verses already applied to the Soviets.

Here's a wild guess though:

The wts comes out and says that since Islamics beat back the Soviets in Afghanistan, they become the King of the North (a stretch). They then set out in a rage by committing acts of terrorism, and gain some sort of foothold in the mid-East, before coming to an end.

Such a thing just seems very farfetched to me.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

It has not been changed to the Moslem people, it is a "we don't know but will have to wait and see" - thing. But since it has always been that a "seed" of the former King had to be planted in the version of him, it simply cannot switch into being Moslem people without any connecting link. As the last one here stated, Afghanistan or Egypt or some power earlier having been under Soviet influence, could be such a link, but it is rather far-fetched. Putin is still watched, and still there is a mumbling about the dictatorial tendencies of his, that perhaps a new "miniature Soviet" will appear, but with the passing of time that grows more and more unlikely. Should you ask me - for which there is no reason at all to do - just by looking at world affairs, the Moslem fundamentalists ARE the main opposing force to the Western-style so-called democracy. But without a connecting link they cannot make the leap.

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Is this an example of thier "accurate knowledge"?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

'Absolute power corrupts absolutely'! In an unaccountable man made organization.

My thoughts on the Watchtower de facto infallibility...

In 1993 the wt. had the gall to assert that the( now defunct) mighty soviet empire..The watchtowers indomitable 'king of the north'...proclamed as such in countless watchtower 'divine' publications would reemerge as the nemesis of the 'king of the south',(united states,) and go forth and ,'eat much flesh;!! Well, the poor Russian folks can't even feed themselves...

It's like someone said ,'there just may be more truth in marvel comics then there is in the pages of the watchtower'.....

At least daffy duck ain't killing people. Rubber Duck

• willyloman
    willyloman

Hipster: You really bought it, didn't you?

• Flash
    Flash

Official WTS view, I haven't heard a new one. IMO though, China or a China/Russia combo would seem to fit. We are talking about a shoving between world powers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit