"There is No God Like Jehovah" on TBN

by abbagail 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• abbagail
    abbagail

TBN is having its telethon, and a group of them are singing this rather holistic-new-agey-sounding song, repeating the chorus over and over, "There is No God Like Jehovah!" Wouldn't the JWs just love it! "TRINITY Broadcasting Network" singing to JEHOVAH! (they always used to say no other religions use the name Jehovah. They should try turning on the TV sometime!)

It's actually a neat song, new-age-jazzy I'd say...

It's on right now... if anybody tunes it, stay long enough to see some guy named Steve sing "O Happy Day!" (when Jesus walked, oh when he walked, he washed my sins away... -- remember that song?) I always loved that song, even back in the JW days and would feel guilty if I wanted to sing along to it on the radio. Definitely check out this Steve's rendition of O Happy Day... it was just way too good. It should be coming up soon enough... they are still singing the Jehovah song right now...

Singing to God CAN BE FUN afterall! Hallelujah!

abbagail

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

The swindlers on "Praise the Lord" have been citing the name Jehovah for quite some time now. I remember like 3 years ago they were using the name Jehovah.

(not that I watch or endorse TBN or anything)

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

When I read the title for this thread, the only thing that ran through my mind is how perfectly it fit into the Nebraska fight song (Go Huskers!)

"There is no God like Jehovah, good old Jehovah God!"

*walks off whistling and longing for football season...*

• aniron
    aniron

That song has been around for years.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

You know it's all in the comma's Let see:

"There is: No God,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Like ,,,Jehovah???"

In this placing of commas we draw the idea that,,,, there is no god,, and definitely like jehovah,, because he's a mythological nightmere, a seflcentered wacko.

• integ
    integ
    Go Huskers!)

Stick a fork in the Huskers....They're done.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I went to this Methodist church one time, they sang this song called Jehovah-Kiresh or something like that

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

We sang "Guide me O thou Great Jehovah" (Cwm Rhondda) on Sunday in church. Mrs Thirdson always gives me a sly smile when 'Jehovah' is said or sung. Nevertheless, I like that hymn, a great Welsh hymn, and one I know well despite my total JW upbringing.

I must admit that the divine name Jehovah and Yahweh are more often used in services than I would have imagined as a JW.

3rd

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Here's something I posted on a previous thread:

Curious too that the WTS should believe it has a mortgage on the use of the name "Jehovah". As others here have indicated, the name is not hidden from churchgoers. Quite the opposite in fact. One of my favourite old hymns is "Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah". Sung by Bryn Tyrfel it's just magic!

Ozzie, one of the projects that is currently on my back burner and which I devote time to when I can, is listing "Christendom's" hymns and choruses that use the name Jehovah (and Jah, Yahweh, etc.) My hunch is that when complete, the list will be greater than that in the Dub "Hymnal" (especially when you consider that not all the Dub songs mention "the divine name").

Just a small sample:

Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah

Jehovah Is Our Strength

Great Jehovah, Mighty Lord

Jehovah, God The Father, Bless (can't see the Dubs getting excited about THIS one )

Sing To The Great Jehovah's Praise

Jehovah is My Light

Yahweh, God Of Holiness

To that list I'd add the chorus, Jehovah-Jireh

• Corvin
    Corvin

I love that rock-n-roller guy who sings "Bed Of Roses" . . . what's his name . . . ? Bon Jehovi?

JK

Corvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit