Letter to my Mom about UN NGO association

by Quotes 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• acsot
    acsot

What great timing! The dub here at work just got the UN letter from their website. She put it on my desk and said:

"Is this what you meant, what Sister Elder's Wife told you?"

Me: "Yeah, that's it. Wow, 9 years they were associated with the UN."

Her: "But at least they did the right thing by getting out, so that's good."

Me: "Problem is, the Society would write stuff condemning other religions about their association with the UN, you know..."

Her: "Yeah, being a harlot. But the Society's out now."

Me: "Boy, I hope the brothers in Cuba never hear of this. Or other places where they've been imprisoned and tortured for .."

Her: "I know, for even less than what the Society did."

Me, reading article: "Oh look, it says here that by their acceptance, the Society had to "support and respect the principles of the Charter of the United Nations ..." she cuts me off.

Her: "No, no, don't tell me anymore I don't think I want to hear it." She walks away from my desk.

Sigh.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hi Quotes,

Keep us posted on your mother and father's response. I know of many Witnessess who left because of the UN/NGO thing.

BTW, I love your web site.

Devon

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    Her: "No, no, don't tell me anymore I don't think I want to hear it." She walks away from my desk.

Keeping her head buried in the sand won't make it go away.

Devon

• Scully
    Scully

acsot writes:

"Is this what you meant, what Sister Elder's Wife told you?"

Me: "Yeah, that's it. Wow, 9 years they were associated with the UN."

Her: "But at least they did the right thing by getting out, so that's good."

Me: "Problem is, the Society would write stuff condemning other religions about their association with the UN, you know..."

Her: "Yeah, being a harlot. But the Society's out now."

Me: "Boy, I hope the brothers in Cuba never hear of this. Or other places where they've been imprisoned and tortured for .."

Her: "I know, for even less than what the Society did."

Me, reading article: "Oh look, it says here that by their acceptance, the Society had to "support and respect the principles of the Charter of the United Nations ..." she cuts me off.

Wow!!!!!

You can just see the cognitive dissonance in action.

Let's see. If her real mother had an extra-marital affair for 9 years, would that betrayal be any less harmful even if she ended the affair?? Would her husband be any less entitled to a Scriptural Divorce? if he found out about it 2½ years after she ended the affair? Would the husband question her faithfulness and trustworthiness in other matters? Would he be entitled to be angry about the betrayal?

This is the beginning of turmoil for her. Her Mother? was discovered to be a whore.

Love, Scully

• bebu
    bebu

Ascot, good for you for not letting her stay ignorant of facts. Keep on that innocent nagging of her conscience. Perhaps you can fan it into a flame... cuz that sounds a little like her conscience is faltering a little.

Quotes, I do hope that your mom and dad will also wake up to what is going on. A very good letter!

bebu

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    "For the first time since World War II the international community is united. The leadership of the United Nations, once only a hoped-for ideal, is now confirming its founders? vision. . . . The world can therefore seize this opportunity to fulfill the long-held promise of a new world order."?President Bush of the United States in his State of the Union message to that nation, January 29, 1991

I don't mean to deviate from the topic, but I find this to be funny and ironic.

• acsot
    acsot

Scully, good point about the extra-marital affair. Bebu, I'm afraid she's too afraid to see the light, as it were. Her and her hubby have said, and I've heard them say, that famous line about if the Society tells us to jump, our only question should be "how high?".

But, where there's life, there's hope.

• bebu
    bebu
    But, where there's life, there's hope.

My thoughts exactly! And because you are there, there is even more hope.

bebu

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I guess what I'm having trouble understanding is that I thought the Watchtower already admitted to having been associated with the UN so it could get a library card.

If that's the case, how do any witnesses find a basis for saying "it didn't happen"?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

So with what Nathan Natas posted from the society.

1. It says "This circular letter replaces any replies we have given earlier..."

Q. What other replies did they give? Does anyone know?

2. "We had been using the library for many years propr to 1991, but in that year it became necessary to register as an NGO to have continued access."

Q. What were the changes that the UN made in 1991 that required NGO status to continue to use the library? Does anyone have a copy of those changes?

3. "Still, the Criteria for Association of NGOs - at least in their latest version - contain language that we cannot subscribe to."

Q. What was the previous language that could be subscribed to? Anyone know?

Still and getting more Confused

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit