Do you really want to see JWs wiped out?

by ScoobySnax 36 Replies latest jw friends

• ScoobySnax
  • NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

No, but if they're right about the way the world ends, I want them to see my ass resurrected or anointed for the hell i've been through. That'd be the greatest comeback of all time. ^_~

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Seeing that I wouldn't particularly care to be wiped out, I don't wish JW's or anyone else to be wiped out either. But I wouldn't mind seeing some of their practices (shunning, no blood transfusions, etc.) fade out.

• Atilla
    Atilla

Yep, just like all the terrible diseases and ailments in this world, but unfortunately I think we must live with them.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

NO.

BUT

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE WBTS DONE AWAY WITH.

Outoftheorg

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Wiped out?

No. JWs are really nice people who have been deluded. Many of my best friends are exJWs. I wish only that those who have not yet escaped the mind control could come out and enjoy life. I wish no good to the WTBTS, I wouldn't mind seeing that crumble. I would get some beloved family back.

But for the rank and file, I wish them nothing but peace and freedom. So many people are living oppressed lives, minimum wage, working their a$$es off to spend as much time peddling literature out in service and attending meetings that they get no joy at all.

Wiped out? The greedy publishing company that hides behind the laws protecting religions from taxes and reaps in multi-millions? The greedy publishing company that enslaves people and keeps that damn carrot (the new system TM) just far enough away to keep them slogging away? The greedy publishing company that protects pedophiles? The greedy publishing company that joined the Scarlet Wild Beast? The publishing company that lets children die without blood? The same publishing company that wipes out any pleasurable activity in life? (Holidays, birthdays, etc.) You mean, that same publishing company that insists that it is your mediator between Jesus and God?

That same publishing company that promises dates for the New System (TM) and blames the R&F for "misunderstanding" when the false prophecy doesn't come true? You must mean the one that tells you that you can covet the mansions you see when you are peddling literature out in service, imagining the crows picking out the eyes of the infants and toddlers that lived there.

Or maybe you're talking about the JWs who tear families apart, shunning people until they commit suicide, all in the name of them trying to "save" the DF'd person by making them see the error of their ways by leaving the publishing company God's organization. Parents torn from children, grandparents, aunts, uncles, MARRIAGES, all torn apart because when one chooses not to participate in the mind control theocratic arrangement they are as good as corpses.

NAH, Scoob, I don't want to see JWs wiped out. I just wish the "organization" that is torturing them would go out of business. That would do it for me.

• Scully
    Scully

Scooby:

I know, love and care about many people who are JWs. So no, I wouldn't want the people wiped out because the vast majority of those I know are good and decent people who truly want to live good and decent lives.

Now, the structure/organization that they follow is what I differ with.

Disfellowshipping and shunning are an abomination - these practices destroy the heart and soul of people who are hurt and in need of support and guidance, at a time in their lives when they need it most.

If disfellowshipping and the shunning it involves were done away with, JWs could truly exercise their consciences regarding every single issue that comes up in the life of a Witness. We're talking the gamut here: from watching R-rated movies, to the use of blood and blood products, to their view of homosexuality, to the observances of "pagan" holidays, voting... and on and on and on. Instead, JWs stand in fear of judgement from the WTS and the punishment of being disfellowshipped and shunned, rather than relying on the accounting that they will have with Jehovah for themselves. What has ended up happening in many cases is that what the WTS says, is what the JW's "conscience" is, and is subject to the ever-changing flashes of New Light? that the WTS offers.

Love, Scully

• SYN
    SYN

You'd have to be psychotic to want to see JWs wiped out.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

either way is fine with me :)

Rev

• wednesday
    wednesday

I know some people i'd like to see rot, and if they shut down The WTBTS, i would not feel bad at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit