MORE WATCHTOWER NGOs!

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Hawk,

It is easy to make a mistake with this since the U.N. itself called these organizations, other non-governmental organizations.

Still it is very interesting that the Watchtower had other Watchtower Associations, Corporations or whatever involved with U.N. conferences.

Sorry if my post caused some harm or confusion.

Sabrina

Edited to add: This shows that other Branches were well aware of the Watchtower's association with the U.N.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

No no no no no

Don't worry about this. It is E-Watchman who should be careful.

This is very complicated and unless you really read it, you are going to screw up. Technically in the essay, the UN is correct about the other NGOs in its other pieces. But what they are saying doesn't mean they are "associated" with one of the UN branches or sections.

We had a guy on here called Mad Apostate who was the first to really pick it apart. Smarrt man and I really miss him a lot.

Always remember any not for profit corporation can be called a non governmental organization.

The key is .... does the non governmental organization have an "associated NGO" status with the Department of Public Information with the UN (as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. did) or does it have a consultative status with the UN's ECOSOC. And as such it would have to voluntarily support criteria such as supporting the UN's Charter. And thus, then and only then would it be a violation of the WTS doctrine as per the 1991 WT article - Their Refuge - a lie!

If the NGO doesn't have either then the NGO has no official "partnership" or "association" with the UN that would require the NGO to support the UN's charter. And thus, it would be considered just an NGO.

Take care,

hawk

p.s. - Corvin - thank you for your comments. I support them 100% and I like you think the E-watchman essay should be corrected.

• Corvin
    Corvin

However, is interesting to note that in May of 1999, when the conference took place, the WTBTS inc. still held their "associated NGO" status with the Department of Public Information .

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

If there were "observers" from these other JW associations at the U.N. conference wouldn't that prove that the Watchtower's U.N. involvement was known by brothers outside of Bethel? Brothers in at least 3 other assoications or corps. of the Watchtower?

Sabrina

• bebu
    bebu

With all due respect, even understanding that the title NGO is very generic...

Why would the JWs even give the time of day to the UN in any form? It is understood that there was no type of status/relationship between these organizations and the UN, but I still find it incredible that anyone of them would consider any kind of contact!

Jes' my 2 centimes.

bebu

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I don't believe that the UN would just have "casual observers" at one of their largest conventions located each year in Geneva Switzerland. It's not like they were there to take a tour or something. It's too bad that we don't have access to the actual meetings and discussions. My take on it is that they were invited there to share and have a part in the human rights agenda. By the way, has everyone forgotten that the WTBS signed up under the "Human Rights" division?

By the way, I'm new at posting here, but I have been observing for some time.

• Corvin
    Corvin

With all due respect, even understanding that the title NGO is very generic...

Why would the JWs even give the time of day to the UN in any form? It is understood that there was no type of status/relationship between these organizations and the UN, but I still find it incredible that anyone of them would consider any kind of contact!

I agree. The "disgusting thing" must not even be touched according to the WTBTS.

I don't believe that the UN would just have "casual observers" at one of their largest conventions located each year in Geneva Switzerland. It's not like they were there to take a tour or something. It's too bad that we don't have access to the actual meetings and discussions. My take on it is that they were invited there to share and have a part in the human rights agenda. By the way, has everyone forgotten that

Excellent point.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    Ahmadiyya Muslim Association, American Friends Service Committee

Ummm, doesn't this contradict their ideas of staying separate from "Babylon the Great?"

• Bryan
    Bryan
    has uncovered other Watchtower NGOs, which were apparently established under the umbrella of the main Watchtower Society NGO.

If they were established under the "SAME UMBRELLA" as the WTBTS, would they not be bound to the same commitment to the UN as the original charter of the Watchtower's NGO?

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit