MORE WATCHTOWER NGOs!

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

According to E-Watchman there was more than one Watchtower NGO! Click on the News Flash to quickly scroll down.

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

I remember hearing about this awhile ago (I actually had the info saved on my hard drive) but I completely forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me about that stuff. Just goes to show you that the wts' association was in fact intentional.

Nocturne

• Scully
    Scully
    a third NGO was called simply: Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia.

I wonder if the WTS and UN breaking ties in 2001 had anything to do with their recently being outlawed in Russia?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Thanks for the update Greens....

I did a search of the UN site a few weeks ago, (knowing how the WTBTS operates under so many different titles) trying to find the same info myself, but couldn't find anything, but I don't think I went back far enough.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Let's take a big .... major ..... pause .......

Its not that the corporations are non govenmental organizations (NGOs) as defined that is the issue. Hell, all not for profit corporations are considered NGOs.

The key is .... did the corporation "partner" with the United Nations and in doing so did it voluntarily agree to the UN's criteria (ie. showing support for the Charter etc.). Was the corporation "associated" with the UN's DPI or did it have a consultative status with the UN's ECOSOC.

The only corporation to be an "associated NGO" with the UN's DPI so far has been the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

No one has offered any proof (yet) that any other corporation affilated with the WTS has gone down the path of "partnering" with the beast.

Therefore, unless I am missing something please stop this little effort before it gets right out of control.

Remember the keys to the puzzle are - did the NGO obtain an "associated" status with the UN's Department of Public Information or did it obtain a "consultative" status with the UN's ECOSOC.

Also remember that NGOs do not "join" but rather "partner" with the UN. In doing so the "evil scarlet coloured beast" requires the "transparent" NGO to voluntarily support the "beast's" Charter.

hawk

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Devon

• Corvin
    Corvin
    The key is .... did the corporation "partner" with the United Nations and in doing so did it voluntarily agree to the UN's criteria (ie. showing support for the Charter etc.). Was the corporation "associated" with the UN's DPI or did it have a consultative status with the UN's ECOSOC.

Hawk,

are you splitting hairs? what is the difference, and please excuse my ignorance, between "partnering" with the UN or "associated" with the UN? The result either way is that the organization committed spiritual fornication with an organization always denounced by the WTBTS, something that is even not to be touched. "Associating" or "partnering" is still "touching" and any affiliation with the UN, in the black and white world of the WTBTS, is still spiritual fornication and hypocrisy, is it not?

My question to anyone who can answer is this: While the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. withdrew its membership and returned their membership/library card, do they still have other branches in other countries "associated" with the "wild beast" as a NGO?

Corvin

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I am not splitting hairs.

To become an associated NGO, the NGO must voluntarily agree to the UN's own criteria. The criteria includes but is not limited to supporting the UN Charter - which violates the WTS doctrine. Using the corporation called the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. the Governing Body and other JW leaders violated its own doctrine.

Thus, the WTS leadership is guilty of being in bed with the beast from 1992 to October 2001.

Now, what the person who started this thread is talking about are other regular run of the mill non governmental organizations. These other Watchtower organizations (or not for profit corporations) have or had NO association with the United Nations in anyway that required them to violate their doctrine.

BTW - to answer your question .... NO

I refer you to the list of NGOs associated with DPI that is up and running on the UN's own web site as well as the 1994, 1997/8, 1999/2000 and 2001/2 Directories published by the UN's DPI. These sources clearly show only one WTS corporation had an official association with the UN and that was the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

hawk

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I SMELL HYPOCRISY

• Corvin
    Corvin

Thank you kindly, Hawk, for clarifying your point and I agree.

These organizations have or had NO association with the United Nations in anyway including the listed Watchtower corporations.

This is true, for the other JW organizations listed in the E-Watchman's essay are said to be "observers" not "NGO's".

Updated Information: March 28, 2004

Ongoing research in the United Nations document archives has uncovered other Watchtower NGOs, which were apparently established under the umbrella of the main Watchtower Society NGO. In May, 1999, the United Nations Commission on Human Rights held their annual conference in Geneva. Among the many governmental and non-governmental organizations present are three NGOs representing Jehovah?s Witnesses. One NGO was called Association of Jehovah's Witnesses; the other was called European Association of Jehovah's Witnesses for the Protection of Religious Freedom; and a third NGO was called simply: Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia. Below is the context in which the Watchtower?s NGOs are listed . . .

. . . 10. The following other non-governmental organizations were represented by observers: . . . Association of Jehovah's Witnesses . . . European Association of Jehovah's Witnesses for the Protection of Religious Freedom . . . . Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia . . .

IN all fairness and honesty and as much as I would love to nail the WTBTS for more UN hypocrisy, the E-Watchman's essay is misleading and should be corrected. The fact that representatives were present at this conference as "observers" does not mean that the organizations represented by these "observers" were card carrying NGO's. It is not a valid conclusion to draw from the listing.

Best Regards,

Corvin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit