To Partake or Not to Partake THAT IS THE QUESTION!

by etan 4 U 36 Replies latest jw friends

• etan 4 U
    etan 4 U

To Partake or Not to Partake THAT IS THE QUESTION!

I need some questions answered maybe you all can help.

Why do the JWs not partake? Is it because they wish to be of an earthly resurection? They may not feel that they are worthy enough to be one of the 144,000?
    Was there anyone at the Lords Evening Meal just watching them eat?
    It is true that the righteous and unrightous will be resurected but to what resurection? to life or to eternal judgement?
    John 6:54 "He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shal resurrect him at the last day;"
    John 6:55 "He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him."

Does these scriptures mean that by not partaking you will not have Everlasting life? Does it mean that by not partaking you are NOT in union with Christ?

If partaking ment that you were annointed and of the 144,000 then why would they make it in such a way as to brag to the entire congregation, wouldn't these holy ones need to be better thant the scribes and pharasies?

Please answer these questions any JWs and or Ex JWs!!!

I personally feel that Jesus told us to remember him BY PARTAKING. Nobody at the Lords Evening Meal was just standing arround watching them eat! Jesus invited Everyone to eat of his flesh and drink of his blood, and all that would stand with him in his trials were the 12 decipals. Everyone else scattered because of the murmoring scribes and pharasies. But to have jesus invite so many but be turned away because of the murmoring and the lack of understanding is exactly what the Jehovahs Witnesses are doing today.

The annointing belongs to God and has nothing to do with the Memmorial. Jesus brought a new covanant to live by the death and sacrafise by the use of his blood and body. To remeber this he gave it to the appostles to EAT it because it MEANS HIS BODY AND HIS BLOOD and that means EVERLASTING LIFE to ANYONE who EATS IT. Those are the ones in union with christ as John chapter 6 says.

thanks for reading,

Etan

• Maverick
    Maverick

The real question is, What do Jehovah's Witlesses have to do with Jesus anyway, they are a neo Jewish printing corporation/religion? The Memorial is a sham, a facade to fool people into believing the WTS is Christian, when in fact they have supplanted Jesus as savior. Look at what they call themselves; The Faithful Slave of Jesus, Jesus brothers, the Earthly, Wife-like portion, of God the Fathers, Organization? So they are lesser than, equal to and greater than Jesus all at the same time. I guess this is some kind of WTS trinity? Maverick

• dustyb
    dustyb

Jehovah's Witness are a lukewarm Christian/Jewish religion. They aren't true Christians, but they aren't true Jews either......

personally i want to sip on the wine this year, just to make someone laugh and other people mad. i think it'll be funny.

• kes152
    kes152

To etan,

You speak the truth.

Jesus said, "Most truly I say to you, Unless you eat the flesh and DRINK the blood of the Son of Man, you have NO LIFE in youselves." (John 6:53)

"He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day." (John 6:54)

"For my flesh is TRUE food and my blood is TRUE drink." (John 6:55)

"He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood REMAINS IN UNION with me and I IN UNION with him." (John 6:56)

Thus, "the SPIRIT and the bride KEEP ON SAYING 'Come! Take life's water FREE!" (Revelation 22:17)

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

The fullness of Christian life lies in the transubtantiated bread and wine. The true body and blood of Christ.

Interesting note: Anglicans and Lutherans have something similar to transubtantiation, called consubstantiation. Christ is present in a spiritual way and not a physical way.

Instead of being messy with Greek grammar. Its much better to study the Latin Vulgate of Jerome that tends to reflect the theology of "early Christians." " cenantibus autem eis accepit Iesus panem et benedixit ac fregit deditque discipulis suis et ait accipite et comedite hoc est corpus meum." (Mt. 26:26)

"This is my body." I, personally, don't see whats so complicated.

And by the way I will be partaking, but in a Catholic Mass for the first time.

• heathen
    heathen

I guess I feel compelled to say this one more time --- The bible says that it isn't only the ritual of jesus sacrifice but an actual supper where is served an entire meal and at the end of which is the ceremony of the holy covenant of jesus symbolic body and blood . I am agreeing that it would be ok for any active male minister to join in the union with christ . 1st corinthians 11; 20-34 . I also stress the fact that paul mentions letting a 'man' after scrutiny , It says nothing about women or observers . The WTBTS has made a mockery out of the event as well the catholic church .

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

Dear Heathen,

The mass is a sacrifice and a meal. Just because St. Paul mentions only men, it does not mean that others cannot participate.

He says that "If you are hungry, eat at home, so that when you come together, it will not be for your condemnation. About the other things I will give instructions when I come." (1 Cor. 11:34, NRSV). Therefore the eucharist is not to be thought of as principally a meal, but also something extremely sacred.

You can check out the general text of the Catholic Mass here: http://www.latinliturgy.com/nomass.html

PS: You mentioned that the bread and wine are symbols, where does it say that in the bible?

• eby
    eby

Thought you might like to be aware of the Watchtower explanation of John 6:53-55:

*** w90 2/15 12 From Seder to Salvation *** When ?the passover, the festival of the Jews, was near? in 32 C.E., Jesus told a large audience: ?He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.? (John 6:4, 54, 55) All his Jewish listeners would have in mind the impending Passover and that a lamb?s blood was used in Egypt.

14 Jesus was not then discussing the emblems used in the Lord?s Evening Meal. That new celebration for Christians was not instituted until a year later, so even the apostles who heard Jesus in 32 C.E. knew nothing of it. Still, Jesus was showing that his blood was essential for everlasting salvation. Paul explained: ?By means of him we have the release by ransom through the blood of that one, yes, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his undeserved kindness.? (Ephesians 1:7) Only through forgiveness on the basis of Jesus? blood can we live forever.

*** w86 2/15 31 Questions From Readers *** When Jesus said what is recorded in John 6:53, his institution of the Lord?s Evening Meal was yet a year away. None who heard Jesus had any idea about an annual celebration with literal emblems standing for Christ?s flesh and blood. Rather, Jesus? theme, or line of argument, in John chapter 6 had to do with his flesh being comparable to manna. There was a difference, though. His flesh (and, he added, his blood) was greater than literal manna in that his flesh was given for the life of the world, making everlasting life possible.?John 6:48-51.

Consequently, added research has recently highlighted that there was a time difference of a year between Jesus? words in John 5:26 and his comments in John chapter 6; then it was another year before he instituted the Lord?s Evening Meal. Greater weight has also been given to the immediate context of John 6:53. Thus, the article on pages 15-20 offers a broadened application of John 6:53, including both those who are taken into the new covenant for heavenly life and those who have the prospect of endless life on a paradise earth.

*** w86 2/15 18 "Bread of Life" Available for All *** ?anyone? of the world of mankind who eats symbolically of that ?bread,? by showing faith in the redeeming power of Jesus? sacrifice, may enter onto the way to everlasting life. Here, the ?vast mixed company? that shared with the Israelites in eating the manna in the wilderness foreshadow the great crowd of Jesus? ?other sheep? who, along with the anointed remnant of ?the Israel of God,? are now eating Jesus? flesh in a figurative sense. This they do by exercising faith in his sacrifice.?Galatians 6:16; Romans 10:9, 10.

eby

• etan 4 U
    etan 4 U

To ebay...

Thank you for the research you did. At the time the people chased Jesus down asking for a second helping to the fish and bread. Jesus replied that they should be comming to him believing that in order to truly stay alive and not grow hungry they must eat the bread of God, Jesus. To not get thursty they must exercise faith in him.

Verse 40 "everyone that beholds the Son and exercises faith in him should have everlasting life, and I will resurrect him at the last day"

Verse 54 "He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day."

They could behold him back then the same as eating the bread today. Exercising faith (or believing) in him that by his outpouring of his innocent blood would bring an everlasting life to the sinful people back then ; is the same as today by drinking that blood (wine) as a display of exercising faith in him.

Those people back then had the ability to see and believe right there in front of their own eyes there was no need for a symbolic refference as today where we cannot see him but he said to remember him by eating the bread and (exercise faith) to show that the out pouring of his blood would establish a new covanant with us and for us to be apart of that covanant to drink of that wine.

We have the ability to come to christ and not get hungery by eating of that heavenly bread. But to then show that we believe in (his blood) the new covanant, that blood he spilt would bring us all in union and make us all brothers to Jesus.

To have Jesus inside your heart and remember him you must eat his body. To be in agreement (to exercise faith) of a new covanant that shows that Jesus was merciful to you and you can be merciful to others by drinking his blood he had to shed for you to live;

could you would you spill your blood to save your closest brother? We should all be in union and be brothers and to do that we must feed on christ and drink of his blessing the new covanant brings.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I guess we have a failure to communicate. One group wants to justify their rituals and the other wants to know why the rituals at all? Y-all want to argue about the color of your sneakers and I want to know why you're wearing them on the beach! Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit