About To Read Some Apostate Stuff.

by Corvin 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

CoC will free your conscience from any of the hang ups you may have from leaving the Borg. ISOCF is an interesting read that will give you the infomation to debunk the doctrines that have been instilled in your head since birth, if you were raised a JW.

They are both worth the time it takes to read them, but CoC is the most valuable one in my opinion, definitely read it first.

Ken P.

• fader
    fader

CoC = Must read for any former JW. I read it in two days. My husband, who was never a JW and met me after I'd left, read it last month and was absolutely fascinated by it as well.

ISOCF = I didn't read it all, it's a bit long and I wasn't really searching for christian freedom at that point. Ray Franz is a devout Christian, a very spiritual man, which I think is commendable, however I am not, nor am I really even interested in religion at all at this point. I read the parts that interested me (i.e. the blood stuff) and thought it was great stuff, but I could not read it cover to cover.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I will have to disagree with the group in this topic. I would have to reccomend instead Blood on the Altar by David A. Reed instead. To me, that book brings to light more doctrinal blunders and legalistic actions by the WTS than anything Franz wrote. I find CoC to be a bit apologetic and soft.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I'm with new light....both books .

I so surprised that so many haven't finished reading ISOCF....like COC, I couldn't put it down (yes, I know it's long). It has a devastingly simple refutation of the blood doctrine, a great section on shunning, and goes through Watchtower literature and exposes their faulty reasoning and manipulative techniques. It's definitely not just for Christians!

• codeblue
    codeblue

I recommend reading both books.

After reading the first 2 chapters of COC...I finally got the "real history" of the WTBS (not what we were told in the Proclaimers Book)...I can tell you that was enough for me. After you read it, you can pm me and I will tell you exactly what I thought!!

ISOCF---is more in depth, and talks about more issues and retalks them so the people that still have doubts can be convinced. (I didn't need all the re-explaining, so I found it a little dry and boring). However, I agree with what was presented.

Codeblue

• Valis
    Valis

I spent 2 days of nothing but reading COC...good stuff!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• moses
    moses

I also ordered both books from amazon and found coc a must read for anyone involved with the wts it exposes them and Ray Franz does it in such a reasonable way 5 stars for both books.

• kibizzle
    kibizzle

You will find C of C a real eye opener. I had to skip over some of the boring parts because of my short attention span, but I think anyone in the org. should read it.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cathy L.

• boa
    boa

read coc in a few days. I couldn't put it down. I was born in a jdub fam and raised/indoctrinated all my yrs until my brain started to reassert itself around 6 yrs ago. It has taken all those yrs to get to the point where I didn't have any significant fear of 'outside' information and flukily enough ended up here first.

I had borrowed coc from the library (a well worn copy heh heh) and after reading it (very painful at times), I ordered a bunch of others from commentary press, namely, my own copy of the newest edition of coc, isocf, the last days (carl jonsson) and the gentile times - reconsidered (carl jonsson) and will soon order j. pentons book - apocalypse delayed(his other jw book, heh heh, post jw).

I'm a reader so I'll go through them all although coc so far has been the best. To me the other books are my help to figure out the doctrinal stuff as well as be prepared for the myriads of relatives I must 'save'.

new light, you said it

boa

boy, dem books is real good eh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit