Has anyone ever experienced a miracle?

by new light 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• new light
    new light

Does anyone have a true story that unquestionably proves God's existence? Bible stories or amazing coincidences do not count as a viable response, sorry to say.

I'm asking as a person who, although good-hearted and "moral", has lost all faith in an outside God of any kind. If God is out there, I really want to know. Please, wow me!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I sure have. I didn't get baptised before 1975, but God took mercy on me and didn't kill me at Armageddon.

It was a bloody miracle I tell ya.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hello NL

A serious topic.

Has anyone ever experienced a miracle?

When I proposed to calamityjane and she said "yes" I said "there must be a god.and he listens to prayers"

Joking aside. I was out in service one day, and I called on this 'biker". He claimed to have found Jesus. He was in an accident, and just before he and his gal were about to be crushed by a truck, a gust of wind or some force, blew them out of harms way, and they walked away with minor injuries. I recall trying to reason with him that Jesus nor the angels act in a direct manner. But he was so adamant that it was so. I have never forgotten that conversation.

That was one of the first seeds of doubt i ever expereinced. Who was I to tell this man, that his miracle was mistaken.

• Panda
    Panda

Nope no miracles.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Yeah

• abbagail
    abbagail

It sounds like you're looking for the "walk on water" kind of miracles, so, "No" to that, but "Yes" to several events that were to me indeed "miracles." I'd make an explanatory list but they probably wouldn't 'wow' you and I'm too tired now anyway. ;-) Been reading all night. I'll check the thread next time online and see how it's going... maybe then.

• gumby
    gumby

Of course not! God quit performing miracles shortly after Jesus death. As soon as the last Apostle croaked and the "gifts" ceased......then nobody was able to do any more tricky shit. Every single miracle that has ever been claimed by christians, or any other faith.....can never be proven with eye witnesses, pictures, recordings, or any other means. It's always a personal event with one or two claiming the miracle.......never in LARGE group as was performed in the bible.

God now speaks through his son by the Holy Spirit according to believers and does not communicate through miracles generally speaking.

Those who claim god "rescued" them from death in some way.......can never explain why god allows all the other deaths he doesn't prevent.....including children and babies.

Gumby

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

I have.

Before I had become a Witness, I was a born-again Christian. I had a boyfriend in my church who was very tall and his knees bothered him terrible. Often during or after church services there were opportunities ask for prayer, usually with a couple of elders. He asked for prayer that his knee problems would be healed...and they were, right then and there, and he was thrilled, and I never forgot that experience. In fact, if really bothered me when I became a Witness and was told that the miracle had to be from Satan because God didn't do miracles anymore and that he wouldn't have listened to their prayers anyway...I have come to see that the creator is not limited to our understanding or interpretation of him/her.

I have had other situations, such as poulterguise-type demon activity (the kind of blatant stuff that cannot be ignored or written off as imagination....the kind of stuff out of movies) that ended when praying in Jesus name with other believers....and at least one situation where I had a premonition pop into my head that saved my life two seconds later...since my abilities for precognition are not developed, and the thought didn't come from myself, it was as if someone else's thought was spoken into my thoughts, I consider that was also devine intervention, but I don't think that is the "miracle" material you're looking for so I'll leave out the details.

• new light
    new light

No, no, no, Truth2Me, don't stop. This is just the stuff I am looking for. I also have no belief in demon/poltergeist activity, but that can all change if you and others tell me your experiences. Please, I want to know. Seriously, my mind is completely open to anything.

• talesin
    talesin

Truth2Me

his knees bothered him terrible

Tell me, what, specifically, was the medical diagnosis? Has his physician verified that it was cured?

new light

No, I have never witnessed a miracle, nor have I met anyone who has.

talesin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit