smashed emotions

by Celtic 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

How do you put a broken egg back together?

Does anyone get my drift?

Celt

• Puternut
    Puternut

You don't. You make the best of it. Make an omelette or poached. Get my drift?

• Sassy
    Sassy
    How do you put a broken egg back together?

I don't know..

I'm trying to put something back together myself..

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Some things aren't meant to be fixed, if ya know what I mean.

Sorry ((Celt))

• reboot
    reboot

you're gonna have to be more specific Celtic..........what's happened?? Did someone dump you?

• Celtic
    Celtic

Did somebody dump me? Actually, it was this answer that cheered me up considerable, that was sooo funny, you just put a smile back on my face after going through tad strange one for a while. The parallel thought pattern getting me down was the fragility of the soul, no matter how often we think we're as tough as old boots, looking back just briefly earlier on in the wake of my life, I saw how my emotions were all smashed up when I was younger, and although I think I've done quite a good job of putting the peices myself back together again, the journey has taken it's toll on me and I still feel incomplete, cracked. I don't need any wisecracks here by anyone cheers. Hmmmmm I think I'm sort of feeling ok again now, I just wish I knew the territory more thoroughly to stategicly map the road ahead. And no, I don't want to read Scott Peck again. Bloomin blickin flippin hec, - innit?

Celt

• Special K
    Special K

((( Celtic ))))

Awww, Celtic. I think we all have those feelings sometimes. I know that I do.

Go easy on yourself. Feel your pain and let it wash over you like kind of a wave and then let the sunshine warm you and just know you will be better.

sometimes now, I just know I have to let myself feel broken for a bit.. kind of helps let the pain out some more then I do something for myself that would make me feel a bit better.

It's a good question to ask oneself when you feel down.. What can I do to make me feel better at this moment in time? Occasionally one of my answers is to make a nice cup of hot tea and sit in the window with the sun warming my back. The warmth surrounds me and I feel better.

sincerely

Special K

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Celtic,

When our egg is broken sometimes only time will heal it. Sometimes only time helps us to understand and sometimes only time saves us from going mad.

I speak from experience. Do something that makes you feel whole, go somewhere that makes you feel whole, keep faith in whatever you have left. There was a time when I comtemplated suicide, not because I wanted to die but because my loneliness was so great. So, I know what it feels like that broken egg feeling.

Keep going!

Sabrina

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

If you were Humpty Dumpty, then all the Kings horses and all the Kings men could put you back together again?It

Just fooling Celtic.

I would say making the best of a situation is the best way to go about putting things together again.

Love yaLove You This Much

OrangefatcatOrangeFatCat 15

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

My doctor once told me that, while I would probably break a few more bones in the future, I needn't worry about the old fractures breaking again in the same spot....

because those spots have become, by virtue of breaking and then healing, far stronger than the unblemished bone that never was broken.

In other words, what's happened in the past has made you a stronger individual. A lot of us have lousy childhoods to thank for exceptional strength and resiliency as adults; may you be one of them. I bet you already are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit