Are you a blood donor?

by TonyT 19 Replies latest jw friends

• aunthill
    aunthill

Yes I am. And yes I would (accept a transfusion, that is.)

I am A- which is somewhat rare, and I am called regularly. I had to put a stop to it because I was so wiped out after donating (made ME anemic) that I only donate on an emergency basis - which seems to be around every holiday.

It did take a while to come to that, but it was my final rebellion against the bOrg.

Aunthill

• TonyT
    TonyT

bttt

• thom
    thom

Whenever I have blood drawn I just about pass out for the next 20 minutes. It's a miserable thing to me. I have no other reason that that for not donating, I really don't plan to try.
    Instead I donate money to the Red Cross and other organizations. I've donated my time in the past helping organize people evacuated due to fires here. I try to do my part, but donating blood just doesn't seem to be a part I can play. (Because I'm a big baby)

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Yes, I would. Absolutely.

GGG

• Robdar
    Robdar

I cannot donate because I've eaten beef in England or else I would certainly do it.

• Dimples
    Dimples

Sure I would and I plan on doing it soon.

DIMPLES

• blondie
    blondie

If you would accept blood products, I would think you would want to give blood unless you have a medical condition that prevents it.

You are no more likely to contract anything any more than you would if you have a blood test done. Just don't watch the process. That is what I do and I hate needles. It is over in 10 minutes. The 15 minute waiting period afterwards is longer.

I am a universal donor and give every 8 weeks. I am scheduled for tomorrow again.

Blondie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

This is one of the stones I have not stepped on yet. Wifey did have surgery this past week [doing fine], so we discussed her views on taking of blood in case something went wrong.

I think the Society has most every thing else wrong, and it seems this is one of those things. But still, the fear and dread is drilled so deep it is hard to shed it, isn't it?

I suppose should it come down to it, I would accept and give blood. Just haven't crossed that creek yet.

Jeff

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Even back in the day when I was strick -no blood transfusions- kinda person. I would and still do donate since I have o-. It was a decision that just because (at the time) i don't take transfusion why should I hinder someone else from living just because they take transfusions.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I want to be but I'm afraid of needles. I have tiny veins and they always ( yes ALWAYS! ) break the vessels in one arm and then have to poke around the other. It hurts! The last time I had to have an IV the nurse broke the vein on the back of my hand and blood was spurting everywhere.

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit