by lilacia 24 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

jgnat

I've read some of Vanier's stuff.

tal

• Celtic
    Celtic

Ecclesiastes, its all a cantankerous paper trail, a ruddy schnalligan, chasing after wind, hither, thither and end up befaffled.

Welcome

Celty (Mark)

• Celtic
    Celtic

This post just gave me an idea.

Would it be possible between ourselves to create a 'library' of books, accessible for all, and those that can't afford to pay full retail price, can have access to either singularily or in plural numbers of titles. If anyone takes up on this, I'll locate funding source for titles.

Any suggestions on how that might work?

Mark

• lilacia
    lilacia

Thank you everyone for sharing. I appreciate the suggestions and thoughts, comments to follow after readings I am sure. One thought, I have come to be made aware of. The "truth" has somehow led some of us to an actual knowlege of the truth that resides in our spirit. We are free from the burdons of belief, free from thinking that we are "hurting Jehovah" if we ask questions and set a path true to our hearts. This path does not always lead to "sin", but to a freedom to love a creator or God in which we find truthful or be set free to explore what truths we really do find important in relation to improving our lives or at the very least, making it meaningful. It is no longer about the hours spent sharing the "good news" or making sure the right face is seen at each meeting, it is now spent on discovering our own truth.

I amnot suggesting that beliefs are burdons, but in the world that surrounds the life of a JW, it can be at times. Supression of questions or asking for advice, can many times lead to a meeting with the elders or a visit from "well meaning" friends.

• dgp
    dgp

Bookmarked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit