Ok, Question: Was there a comment made at a meeting that finally convinced.

by New Castles 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hi New Castles and welcome to the board. Is this the service meeting article you were talking about?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/18/64454/1.ashx

• shotgun
    shotgun

Two comments

Watchtower conductor : Unlike worldly wisdom ours relies on Gods word of truth and his spirit direction, our teachings are not swayed by the current beliefs of the day.You can pick articles from 50 yrs ago and the information is accurate and true.......What a Load of crap

Public speaker : The Catholic church is reaping what they have sown by having all these Child molestation charges laid against them. How could God back an organization with a record like that.........Remove the rafter from your own eye first brother.

• chester
    chester

At a District convention the comment was made by one of the speakers

"if you are happy with your life the way it is, stay off the internet".

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Wasn't a meeting, but a magazine article, Awake!, I think. Something about STD's being God's judgement on sinners. And before I could stop myself, I thought:

"I don't know how much longer I can teach this stuff."

Then I brain-wrestled myself in good Orwellian style and held on for another ten years.

GentlyFeral

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Was there a comment made at a meetin g that finally convinced you, this is not right?

Last year the PO of my hall gave the "special" talk. In it he said that "any religion that has any political association is a part of babylon the great, and christians must get out of her." That was just after I learned about the society's UN involvement. That was my last meeting.

Walter

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I was on my way out in June of last year.

After letting my wife know that I was having doubts, we went to the Sunday meeting seperately. I showed up during the WT Study.

The WT study had a gem at the end that woke me up. I posted this to the board here last year, and I am reposting this part for this thread:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The congregation is being led by the WT conductor through the review questions. And the final question I believe asks, to paraphrase, ?How are we to view apostates??

Well this is so easy our conductor does a little game that I am sure others have seen done at their congregation also. He asks for all the children to answer at once.

And the answer is? Well, the answer that the young children are to repeat is, ?HATE?.

?hate? , the young mouths murmur.

The conductor doesn?t care for the level of the response he receives the first time around. So he asks the question again. Parents are starting to coach their children to say the desired answer, ?Hate?.

?Hate?, the little ones say with growing confidence.

The response is better, but still, it?s just not good enough.

?I know you can do better than that!?

And now, in one resounding, unified accord we get the real message of the WTS from the mouth of babes:

?HATE!?

My heart sank.

The WTS breeds hate, and I was an accomplice to this for over 15 years.

Man I hope that the WTS was right about one thing; please don?t let there be a fiery hell of eternal torment.

Because for the first time in my life, I am truly in fear of it.

~~~~~~~~~~

After that study, I realized part of the problem I was having w/the WTS was me trying to hate everyone. I was sooooo sick of it.

Hating people just wasn't my makeup. Being forced to hate everyone who wasn't a 10+ hour/month JW was killing me.

I knew before this study that the WTS wasn't the God directed organization that it made itself out to be. But after that study, it really woke me up to the process of how the WTS inculcates hate into all JW's from their "youth on up".

It scared the hell outta me.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

"Listen to the life saving information that Jehovah has prepared just for you" - The opening comments at a Circuit assembly, when I knew full and well that the outlines for all of the talks came directly from Brooklyn - not God.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No . Personal comments from elders are just that , personal comments .

There are certainly enough stupid people in the borg to make up the cast for a sick comedy film ... I have heard so many silly things said over the years, way before I began to question the teachings . Who knows, I might have made a few myself although my selective memory screens this out

The important thing is what the organisation puts into print. That is how it may be judged, and that is what I have based my objections upon. And there are certainly enough genuine reasons to object to their reasoning

• Corvin
    Corvin

I had already been df'd for nearly 14 years, but still clung to the hope or possibility that I would one day be able to resolve my personal issues and return to the organization with a clean conscience, no hypocrisy making myself a "perfectly acceptible sacrefice" to Jehovah . . .

My exwife and her new husband, both JW's in "good standing", had and still have a pattern of inflicting emotional, spiritual and (formerly) physical abuse on the kids my exwife and I share. (They were still living at their mom's and stepdad's home at this time)

They were constantly hauling the kids into the backroom to meet with the elders to "straighten them out", charging them (ages 11, 13, 15) with disobedience and disrespecting their parents. The elders would crack open the Bible or a WT publication and proceed to counsel these young kids on how they could "aid in making their family life better". The problems stemned from the hypocrisy of mom and stepdad, and the elders knew this for they had already repeatedly counseled them on their marriage, domestic violence and alcohol abuse, not to mention the fact that the two of them got together and repeatedly committed fornication before marriage, and had also been DF'd for it. Yet they put the burden of change on the kids at this point, i.e., "kids, basically you have take your mom and stepdad's crap and pretend all is righteous in your home".

The clencher is when all hell broke loose at their home one day and my otherwise meek and docile 13 year old daughter snapped and litteraly beat the crap out of her stepdad when he had baited her and antagonized her with threats that he would kill me if she told me about his behavior. I mean she tore his fat drunken ass up and kicked him out of the house and into the front yard where she proceeded to kick his ass some more. He called the cops on her but was too chicken to press charges. (He knew I was next in line to kick his ass).

Once again, the girls were taken up before the elders to be counseled for their bad behavior. My 13 yo daughter told the PO that because of all the terrible crap happening in the home that she preferred to live with her df'd dad (me). He said to her, "I don't think that would be a good idea. You will be putting yourself in spiritual danger . . . "

I wrote him a letter and asked him who the hell he thought he was. I said, "with all these girls have been through, are you so arrogant that you can presume to say what Jehovah's will is? They have come to live with me because I, a df'd brother, the worldy courts and CPS had to intervene on their behalf because you and the body of elders who knew of the situation in the home, and are charged with protecting these young ones, did nothing to protect them; instead you so much as told them it was their fault and to suck it up . . ."

That was pretty much it for me.

NOTE TO ELDERS IN THE VALLEY CONGREGATION, EL CAJON, CA: STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MY KIDS, YOU SELF-RIGHTEOUS IDIOTICAL PRETENDERS.

Tim Corvin

• Corvin
    Corvin

Two comments

Watchtower conductor : Unlike worldly wisdom ours relies on Gods word of truth and his spirit direction, our teachings are not swayed by the current beliefs of the day.You can pick articles from 50 yrs ago and the information is accurate and true.......What a Load of crap

Public speaker : The Catholic church is reaping what they have sown by having all these Child molestation charges laid against them. How could God back an organization with a record like that.........Remove the rafter from your own eye first brother.

That's lettin' them have it with both barrels, Shotgun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit