Ok, Question: Was there a comment made at a meeting that finally convinced.

by New Castles 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• New Castles
    New Castles

Was there a comment made at a meetin g that finally convinced you, this is not right? For me a couple of weeks ago was in the Service meeting, they stated that if the children didnt finish their homework because they were studying the bible or at a meeting that teachers should understand that their meetings and study are more important. I looked at my wife and went "WHAT"??

Anybody heard something like that, that frustrated them??

• talesin
    talesin

It was the Bible verse

'you will know the truth and the truth shall set you free'

I just couldn't stomach all the lies, cheating, double lives

trust betrayed

talesin

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

"Jehovah does not hear the prayers of anyone who has doubts. It is only by blind obedience can we please him."

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Mentally I was totally out of the organization... I was just attending meetings and going out in FS to keep people off my back. It was a struggle to make myself go. I hated it so much.

One night at the Service Meeting a brother was giving a talk about serving Jehover with your whole heart. He said that if you don't really believe what the organization taught, then you might as well leave.

I immediately packed up all my books, got up and walked out.... never to return.

• City Fan
    City Fan

I can remember, at about age 14, studying the 'Creation' book at the book study meeting and being increasingly disturbed by the study and answers that went with it.

The answers would be along the lines of: 'Well this expert Mr xxxxx says evolution is full of flaws, and he's an evolutionary scientist!'.

If only I knew then what I know now about Francis Hitchings!

CF.

• Jahna
    Jahna

For me, "Jehovah's people have love among themselves" At the end I always cried because of the lack of it. I still get teary eyed thinking about it

Jahna

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    they stated that if the children didnt finish their homework because they were studying the bible or at a meeting that teachers should understand that their meetings and study are more important. I looked at my wife and went "WHAT"??

There was something on here about this comment a few weeks ago. Homework was one way I used to get out of attending meetings. I suppose the WTS picked up on that.

As for comments like that, there were a few that I can't remember, since I left about 8 years ago.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

That's great Elsewhere. I'm hoping to do something like that too. Won't happen soon enough though. I can't list all the things I hear that get under my skin, but that's just cause I've wised up to it now. Thank you internet! And all of you also!

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Our teens were suffering from depression and not attending meetings with us for a few weeks. Elder's son had stopped by to count his time on Saturday and I told him about the kids/depression. Next day his elder dad gives prayer after WA study, with us sitting right up at the front without our kids, and says - "Be with those whose children no longer attend meetings because THEY DON'T HAVE THE PROPER VIEW OF THE TRUTH. Blew us away and next meeting was our last.

• New Castles
    New Castles

OMG! I just cant believe the things they say up there. And 4JWY that was during a prayer?? How can they continue to think God listens to them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit