How have you changed since finding this forum?

by happehanna 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sassy
    Sassy
    I also flirt more.

me too...

• Badger
    Badger

Oh, we've noticed, Sassy

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

Dear JWD Clan

Being D'fed can be the most lonely experiance you can have. After loosing friends and family, this forum has been absolutely wonderful and supportive. Although I have been out for 10 yrs already, it was a wonderful experiance to finally be able to vent, waffle, joke and find compassion with people I have never met but who all share the same pain as I do..some even more.

The support I have recieved from this forum is more than anything I recieved during the last decade from the JW Cult.

((((((Thanx to you all)))))

Nadsam....your friendly neighborhood APOSTATE

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Even though I've been DF'd for almost 20 years now, up until I found this forum I would view every bad thing in the news as a "sign" that Armaggedon was coming. About 7 years ago, I even stopped watching the news for a while because it scared me. (It didn't help that my husband was in a submarine and talk of war was rampant.) I am still disturbed by all the bad things in the world, but I no longer believe that Armaggedon is right around the corner.

Thanks everyone.

GH

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Simon,

This is a good sorce for helping people mend. And so I would like to thank you for being as leanant,, as possible IMO, ,,it takes a lot of patients to deal with us all being so different,, and yet,,, so the same,,, and the work he has put into it over the years. I don't know if I would be able to do it,, I would find it very hard to be such a gracious host.

• happehanna
    happehanna

Thanks for all your comments and thanks to Simon most of all for running this site.

The only place I know where others understand and can really relate!!

• black adder
    black adder

Hapgood you took the words right out of my mouth. I felt exactly the way you felt, worthless walking around with a bad conscience for not keeping up even though I had not done anything wrong I missed one month of field service because I was ill and instead of encouragement I was meant to feel bad. Im happier now and not terrified of dying like I was before. This forum has brought me some peace, thanks girls and guys

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

It has helped me because me being one who really does not like people and not having any friends I have a group of people I communicate with daily yet I do not have to met any of you in person! Its sorta of like eating a bowl of white rice with the smell or fried fish and not having to pat for the smell of food I;m not eating!

Does that make any sense?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit