The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society is...Outsourcing

by truthseeker 24 Replies latest jw friends

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Rumour mill has it that the next contract is going to the Jefferson Cleaners for the Bethel laundry?

No tickee no shirtee!!!!

• Room 215
    Room 215

If someone were to crunch the numbers (I believe Tom Cabeen once did a simlar exercise) I bet the WTBTS would be much better advised to shut down all their operations, sell off all their property at today's white-hot real estate prices and equipment and outsource all printing. But, of course, that would mean saying ``bye-bye'' to their Shangri La retirement compound in Patterson and end once and for all to the Bethel ``mystique'' that earns them so many perks-- and such adulation -- in their travels within dubdom around the world.

• blondie
    blondie

Room 215, perhaps that is why Patterson is called an educational center and except for the video/cassette are (is that still there), nothing is printed, published, etc., etc. The nice retirement homes are there.

Blondie

• IT Support
    IT Support

Room 215

If someone were to crunch the numbers (I believe Tom Cabeen once did a simlar exercise) I bet the WTBTS would be much better advised to... outsource all printing.

I heard a rumour that a year or so ago they did "crunch the numbers" and found it was cheaper to outsource the printing! As that was an unacceptable conclusion, they instead decided to try cut printing costs by buying new state-of-the-art presses and create a few 'super-printeries' around the world.

But, of course, that would mean saying ``bye-bye'' to their Shangri La retirement compound in Patterson and end once and for all to the Bethel ``mystique'' that earns them so many perks-- and such adulation -- in their travels within dubdom around the world.

I don't think it would, because all the office workers would remain. If anything, I suppose such an exercise would enhance their 'mystique' becuase there would be far fewer Bethelites to go around.

Regards,

Ken

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Don't you remember how the Society use to boast that they had the latest in this and in that and they had their own labratories and did research on how to re populate animals coming back into certain areas. They have their own doctors, clinic with in its walls and dentists and every other concievable thing you can think of. I mean thats how they use to rant and rave about how much Jehovah's blessing was on the organization, because they had the best of everything in life. Has something happened? Yes I concur they have so much real estate and land and buildings and what good are they if they keep down-sizing

And now they are dismissing Bethelites, why? Who will work for them now or is it that people are not applying for Bethel service any more? Questions and more questions.

And now they are using resourses outside the confines of Bethel. My oh my, what is next.

Nomore WatchTower Fried Chicken. I wonder if it tastes like the Colonel"s orignal or extra crisy?

Orangefatcat..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit