Give to caesar what is caesars

and

Happy shall he be who takes your little ones
    and dashes them against the rock!

Judge the fruit against that of Christ

• abbagail
    abbagail

willly wrote:
    ..."There's been a great deal of speculation about this meeting, brothers." Then, after a long pause. "It's not good to second-guess Mother." This was greeted with nervous laughter...
    ---------

Did he really say MOTHER? In what tone of voice? Was he serioius or half-kidding?

I remember the Mother Org references coming into play a few years before I left, but it still sounds totally sick. The catholics have Mary, the JWs have MOTHER. You'd think they'd get a clue. :-/

And I can't believe TJ advised everyone to read the old lit. I guess that's advice for the elderites only. The upper echelon must think he middle management can handle it. But they surely do not encourage the R&F to read ancient WT literature.

Reading about TJ brought back flashbacks from his brusque hard-nosed appearance on th BBC Silentlambs show, remember? When she/the lady reporter stick that microphone right in his face as he came off the DC stage, lol! That was too good.

BTW, are they still rounding up all cellphones, etc. for these elder gatherings? I remember a few years ago reading here that brothers were leaving thier cell's on and transmitting the 'confidential meeting' info to the outsiders. LOL. Too funny.

Grits

• freein89
    freein89

This is a great analogy, makes perfect sense. Problem is, they are running out the clocks of everyone in there with them. The old B@#$tards!!!

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Did he really say MOTHER? In what tone of voice? Was he serioius or half-kidding?

Abbagail: Yes, those were his exact words. I take extremely good notes. This was at a meeting of elders and their wives, so perhaps he was being more familiar than he might at a district convention. As you probably know, "Mother" is a term of endearment for the governing body among JW insiders.

As for the recommendation on reading the old lit, that too is word for word. He was talking to elders only, in the school they conduct every two or three years, and this was part of his concluding remarks. I was shocked to hear him say it, and others around me seemed... well, the word "puzzled" comes to mind. Most elders know the old lit is "dangerous" and have had to dissuade publishers from relying too heavily on it.

• Farkel
    Farkel

TheOldHippie,

You are more than welcome to take any course in your life that makes you happy. I MEAN this.

More than that, I will CELEBRATE any, and I mean ANY course you choose if you think it will bring you and those you love happiness.

Your longtime cyber friend,

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit