Disfellowshipping versus Disassociation and Shunning

by CeriseRose 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Special K
    Special K

Hi Cerise

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Loss of family is hard when you are Disfellowshipped or Disassociated. Hopefully your sister will come to the same realizations as you have in time.

It can happen, I have a family member who basically has shunned me for 10 years and is now back in my life as he tries to exit the J.W.'s himself We were very close and it hurt so much.

It does hurt when we lose a brother or sister to the J.W.'s especially when you were truly close to them.

But I know I did the right thing way back when and never went back to the J.W.'s. I really needed to have relationships with people who loved me for who I am and not try to make me do things their way.

I've always wanted to be loved for me. I know that there will be ones who will come into your life who will not try to make you conform to what they think or believe and will love the differences between you and them.. the uniqueness of you and your map of the world is important.

Hang in there and know that you are

not alone here.

sincerely

Special K

• boa
    boa

ceriserose - WELCOME

i too am a relatively new member at this site. it is the first site i first lurked at (for all of about 2 days) before joining and the rest is ~7weeks history. oh yah did i mention i'm not a newbie anymore?

i feel for your situation and your story. i too am considering the big DA but have some work to do with a few friends and family first. i realize the DA buys into their program but also could view it as, like you, taking some ACTION for gods sake! I know if i had a choice, at this point in time, i wouldn't like an in abstenia DFing but everything is in flux right now for me and wife so who knows what we'll do?

take care and keep posting

boa

btw, if you're country and province is correct, we may have something in common - pm me if you wish

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit