What is WT procedure for ...

by Galimo 14 Replies latest jw friends

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

If you told them you had repented and you felt good in your heart that god forgave you.....it wouln't be good enough.

Unless you are an elder.

James 5:16 says that we should openly confess our sins. I know of certain elders that have concealed their sins. One didn't confess until after he was appointed an elder (his conscience kicked in after 6 years) and an elder friend found some article that alleviated him of any consequence.

Another elder was confronted with some information exposing his lack of qualification (lying for kids and wife), and his answer was that he had prayed and made peace with God. Good works makes up for bad behavior. This kind of thinking shows what their relationship with God really is.

What is the WT procedure for ...? It depends on what elders are presiding over the matter. Holy spirit being operative over the matter? Good luck.

• talesin
    talesin

Welcome !

You are right, but it sounds like she wants to continue with her double life. Power to her, there is only misery down that road.

talesin

• gumby
    gumby
    Given that she's a returning prodigal they will probably be supportive.

Porkchop covered some good points.

It's intresting that in the case I mentioned, the sister was "doing well in the truth" when she confessed and was DFed, ......yet a freshly returning 'prodigal son' can get more compassion and only reproved.

Gumby

• Galimo
    Galimo

Well.. thx for the input... thought so yes....

She is making radical changes in her life I hear, returning to be a active and -non sinning- JW and even marrying a JW now.

I say there are rocks down that road.
    But then again, I only wish good things to her. May she succeed and be happy.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Galimo,

I feel very sorry for this girl. She is making a really big mistake and there is little you or I can do about it. She has probably already made up her mind as to what she must do.

You could try giving her the United Natians URL http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/watchtower.pdf

If she remembers enough about Watchtower ravings about the 'Wild Beast and the Harlot' she may snap out of her current faze.

Owning up to her 'sins' opens her up to all manner of mental abuse by the elders of her congregation. Hopefully, she is going to a congregation of very nice, forgiving, people who will forgive her for her 'wandering'. Not all JW elders are officious little bastards that have caused so many drifted JWs so much grief.

Do not advise her to confess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit