Some days I really hate having been a dub...

by Abaddon 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

... okay, this is a real glass-half-full day, in fact it's a glass-half-full of NOTHING falling into a pit of infinate depth day.

Does anyone else have re-occuring getting-one's-shit-together problems?

I can get a job, get promoted real quick, I'm reasonably smart, when motivated I can work other people into a physical decline.

Yet I always hide from reality in some way; chiefly financial. I am utterly shit at time management. I have problems completing things.

Is it me or what I wen through or both and how do I stop it?

It's getting awfully old. I've been out ten years and sometime's it's just about enough...

(PS, this is not suicidal, I've been to suicidal and it's worse than this and involves sitting on window ledges looking down, but that was years ago, I'm just running on empty at the moment... )

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

You always struck me as being one of the most together people on the board. You have a great gift for discerning reality and communicating it.

Our mutual past experience as JWs has had an impact on all of us, but I often wonder if we don't overestimate its significance. We are all products of our past experience and natural traits. Some of the good that we are stems from our past religion, and some of the bad. There are also some pretty screwed up people out there who were never JWs.

In other words, I haven't got a freakin clue. Does that help?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ab,

I think we can deprogram ourselves(consciously) only up to a point, and the process is very slow,,,, but to go farther, we need to reach the subconscious,,, which really controls us more than the conscious.

Maybe hypnotism along with some subliminal messages to the subconscious may change your paterns that lead to better time management with out the stress of watching the clock.

The subconscious is very important in get better results, and quicker with less stress.

As a side thought:

BTW I found Marijuana very helpful at times,,, I think it confuses the conscious mind,,, or at least,,, pacifies it,,enough to surprisingly let the subconscious figure things out.

When I really have something I want to learn or grasp mentally, I have found MJ helpful. Although I know it has its downside too, I think it can be used effectively.

Many times I will read nonstop when stoned.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Yet I always hide from reality in some way; chiefly financial. I am utterly shit at time management. I have problems completing things.

I don't think it has anything to do with having been a JW. I am none of those things and I was raised a JW. Some things are born into us, and others we have to constantly discipline ourselves to master.

I have 4 children. Two are very disciplined, neat freaks, who accomplish a great deal each day. The other two sound a lot like you. Don't worry though. All are really great people.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ab,

Sometimes MJ can make you procrastinate, at least that's what I find in my case so I save it for special times and usually use it for a couple of weeks which is when I run out, and just don't grow or buy anymore.

They say if you learn how to meditate you can feel high without the not so good side effects of MJ, I don't know if that's true but I do beleive happiness is a state of mind and that if we can use the subconscious to push our conscious thought paterns to positive, instead of negative, we can feel good about our life and accomplish more things that are good for us and others.

• acsot
    acsot

Abaddon, it's not just you. Lots of people have trouble with time management, managing finances, etc. Being a dub would not cause it, IMHO.

What you may lack in time management, which is merely your perception of it (others who work with you may not see you as having that problem), you more than make up for in other ways, such as in reasoning skills, insight, etc.

Besides, you're one of my favourite posters .

• logansrun
    logansrun

Just put faith in Jesus, Gyles. That will solve all your time management problems.

Kidding (of course). I agree with Running Man -- you always struck me as being very "together." That being said, everyone -- even the most successful people -- go through stuff like you mentioned.

I won't give you any advice as I doubt there is something I could tell you which you don't already know. Just keep in mind that you're good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like you.

B.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Ab,

Here a cut&paste&link that might be of help.

An address based on a list by Kaufman, in the book, "The Faith of a Heretic". This is an address given 11-12-95. The preceding music was by
    The little Sparrow. La Vie en Rose. Edith Paif.

Put Cher, Bette Midler, Madonna, and Holly Hunter into a 5' powerhouse. But she was not beautiful... if all you did was look at her. She was the quintessential romantic. The nation followed her life and loves, and identified with her.

She belted out songs in the cabaret style. She could make your feelings stand up and cheer, and a moment later, choke you up with tears.

She had courage. She went where her love led, and if others didn't approve, she didn't even notice.

"En Regrete Rien." I regret nothing!

NOW, from our HQ in Sioux Falls SD, The Top Ten Ways We Avoid Change in Our Lives. ...

I warn you... these are instructions for the devout couch potato; use them in reverse, and you will find yourself thinking and changing. HORRORS! And now, potatoes, here are the spudliest 10 ways. Maybe more.

1. The number ONE way: get RELIGION. As a rule, it's not deciding to leave the religion you were born into, as distinct from making a decision to stay in it. "Heaven forbid" (why do we say that?) ...don't let yourself think about it, or what a coincidence it is that you're not Hindu.
      The motive for this tactic: fear. But you cannot base a moral law on fear, like the commandments, because those given the fear don't know why it's a law, and are left without their own morals. External fear or internal morals--which do you think works?

http://www.geocities.com/~gaiachurch/avoid10.html

• Sassy
    Sassy

I have been having a glass half full and definately financial 'shelf it till another day' woes myself.. Last night some of them seemed to be coming to a head.. so I am a little stressed.. OK a lot..

like the others said, you usually really seem to be on top of things. I'm sure you will get a handle on things.. today is probably just an off day..

• Satanus
    Satanus

I heard that there are four or five planets all lined up. At night, you can see them. It's their fault. Those goddam planets are at it again. I say bush oghtta send some missiles at em to break their evil spell.

SS

PS, i think that's the scapegoat theory Hey, i think i'm doing worse than you, so how could i help, except w a bit of humor?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit