Update on my situation and Purple MTS. Magesty....................

by Sunnygal41 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hello my fellow loveable apostatoes! I know many of you have just been dying to know how I've been doing since I was terminated from my job, so I will now put you all out of your misery by elucidating!

Let's see..............last week I filed for my first week of unemployment and have a hearing on the 29th. I have heard it from my Union Steward that the Head of Personnel told her he would not be disputing my claim..........so, if this is true, I will have a bit of money to make ends meet til I decide what I want to do with my life..............I am still full steam ahead with the grievance thru my union...........basically because quite frankly I want to bring this bitch down and make her realize that she has to play by the rules like everyone else. I have my two immediate supervisors and the head of personnel on my side. However, I am not so wet behind the ears as to presume or assume that they will publicly speak in my behalf. Oh, just a quick side note.........when I received my paper work from the State for my unemployment claim guess what the reason for termination was? "Termination due to personal discussion with a friend". The woman who took my testimony on the initial call was Jamaican. I was totally honest with her as to the what I said, etc. But, oh, did it feel good to hear her response and her detective work...........apparently I'm not a monster just because I made a horrible remark. I also went on a weekend sojourn to hook up with an old friend who had moved to Vermont last year. It's been about 4 years since I last saw her, so I was excited to touch bases with her again. She is a wonderful, independent, strong, inspiring woman. One who has been in my life since I was 16 years old. I was a hayseed kid when I moved from upstate New York to CT. I met her and we became immediate friends.....she always told me that I was a special person with great intelligence and could do great things if I would get my rear end in gear! Coming from an "adult" this was a HUGE boost to my self esteem...she was 26 when we first met. I spent a wonderful summer with her roaming the woods learning about mushrooms and how to card wool and spin it on an old fashioned spinning wheel, how to use certain plants from nature to dye that wool into different hues................she was an inspiration to a very eager 16 year old. So, I drove 4 1/2 hours from CT to almost the border of Canada, all by myself, to catch up on what was going on with her.................I only stayed 24 hours and then was on my way back home, but, in those 24 hours I received such an education and a boost of energy I can't even begin to tell you how good I felt! She shared some valuable real estate information with me, and encouraged me to save money to buy a house, fix it up and resell it. That is my immediate goal of the future. I need at least 5%..........and being a first time buyer, I will have huge advantages. I'll keep y'all posted. Well, the purple mountains majesty was from driving through the Green Mountains of Vermont.............oh, how beautiful and how my soul and spirit soared with the sheer beauty of nature................awesome! Well, guess that's all for now.................feel free to comment and ask questions....................oh, I slept in a feather bed beneath a down comforter in a 200 year old house, surrounded by wilderness............I heard the owls hooting and saw deer cavorting in the meadows and crossing the road in front of us as we went to market.....................

• Purple
    Purple

Of course Purple makes you feel good! Purple makes everyone feel better at any time! Good luck with everything!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Terri, maybe this is the bes thing that could happen to you? I am glad you have a silver lining to your clouds.

Flyin'

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Flying.........loving your avatar!!! LOL! And, since I left the Borg, I have worked very very hard to cultivate a positive attitude.............before I left, my glass was always half empty. Today, every cloud has a silver lining and I can list all the great things about not being employed right now............I don't have to get up in the a.m. to a buzzing alarm clock, I don't have to get dressed until I want to, I can read a book, and sip coffee all morning, If I want, I have almost zero stress now................

Terri

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hey... I thought this was going to be about you meeting Prince.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Sunnygal. Wow that was quite the trip. Sounds like you were in a corner of paradise.Great you could meet up with an old friend. What an uplifiting experience.

Good luck with the real estate venture.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I'm sooooo happy FOR you! Your trip is similar to one *I* had the privelege of taking to MA the year I left the WTS and felt so happy I was "out" but was sitting in a horrible void emotionally.

My cousin invited me to her summer home on Cape Cod (my most FAVORITE place EVER!) in early October, the sun was unseasonably warm and there wasn't a cloud the entire week and a half I was there! We walked on the beach, picked up shells and feathers, and went through scads of shops unique only to Cape Cod, and it was the BEST time of my life!

WHAT a difference in your (my) personal attitude, and the permission to re-establish yourself and "change gears" in a positive direction. I so understand what you're saying on how it has made you feel!

YAY, TERRI!!!!

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit