I *witnessed* to the *Christians* last night--LOL!

by LDH 95 Replies latest jw friends

• LadyBug
    LadyBug

God-Knows

I feel such great sadness for anyone who rejects the truth.
    Then feel sadness for yourself.
    BEW
  • Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Jan, your experience mirrors conversations I have all the time with these people. So irritating. I have had it with fundamentalists, including JW's, who are every bit as much fundamentalists as the Pentacostals, ramming their religion down people's throats. Maybe a different shade, of fundie, but still a fundie. You made a good point with her.....I hope she thinks about it at least.

As for you, god_knows........I am not giving credit to Jesus for healings. I don't believe that is done in our day. Doctors do what they know how to do. Random healings just don't happen. As for love for neighbor.......of course I feel that. Abuse? I don't think I am doing that. Nor is anyone who posted on this thread. I just don't agree with their theology. Am I not allowed to disagree? And, NO, I do NOT agree that the only way to salvation is to accept Jesus as your savior. Having said that, I am off for awhile. Time to make dinner for my loving family.

• Francois
    Francois

Mulan, you are a person after my own heart. I firmly belive that the greatest "christian" since Christ himself was Gandhi, who was Hindu. This of course is too much for your average fundy, who can't get past a juvenile, literalist interpretation of scripture.

For after Jesus made it clear that there are only two commandments of any validity, the fundys just can't resist the urge to begin making up new ones. I particularly like the one that goes, "You've gotta believe ON the name of Jesus Christ to be saved." Lemmeesee. Is that the "love god with a whole soul" commandment, or is that the "love your neighbor as yourself" commandment? I can't decide.

Hope your dinner was as good as mine: chork pops w/ Kentucky green beans and rice.

ft

My $0.02

• Francois
    Francois

Mulan, you are a person after my own heart. I firmly belive that the greatest "christian" since Christ himself was Gandhi, who was Hindu. This of course is too much for your average fundy, who can't get past a juvenile, literalist interpretation of scripture.

For after Jesus made it clear that there are only two commandments of any validity, the fundys just can't resist the urge to begin making up new ones. I particularly like the one that goes, "You've gotta believe ON the name of Jesus Christ to be saved." Lemmeesee. Is that the "love god with a whole soul" commandment, or is that the "love your neighbor as yourself" commandment? I can't decide.

Hope your dinner was as good as mine: chork pops w/ Kentucky green beans and rice.

ft

My $0.02

• LDH
    LDH

Ha ha ha Mulan,

You reminded me. When I gave her the Birthday gift I had picked out, she unwrapped it and said "THANK you Jesus!"

I deadpanned, "Yea, he advanced me the money to get it for you."

My friend busted out laughing. Everyone else looked pained.

For the ass-munch who is questioning how many people were at a birthday party, maybe he/she/it should try attending one. The scripture you quoted, asshole, reinforces that the message was for the people of Israel.

"Christians." HA The most judgemental people on the face of the earth, deciding who will and won't be saved.

PS, Since YOUR bible teaches that only Christians will be saved, remind me not to EVER purchase that version. You may also want to use your grammar check when you use the word 'your' since you obviously don't know the difference between your and you're.

"And God makes it rain upon the righteous and the unrighteous"

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

>But, I used the same reasoning on them that you did, about Muslims, and they all caved. Every last one of the family had to acknowledge that the whole world does not have to accept Christ. My point to them was that "a Christian may have a greater responsibility, but doesn't it say that he died for ALL men?" Interesting that we used the same points. I just want them to quit trying to convert me. It will never happen. The father (Pastor) seems to recognize this, but the others are too dense.

Why don't you wake up? They're trying to show you REAL Christianity and you whine about how happy that are. Why does that bother you so much? BTW, just like I told LDH, the doctrine of election is the answer to your question. Try picking up a commentary on the N.T. or ask the pastor without the rest around.
    You need to get over the Watchtower slander.
    Rex

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Hi Jan,
    You join the ranks of the true apostates and reject God? BTW, God heals with surgeon's hands, chemist's drugs and sometimes miracles....sometimes he takes people home. Either way, HE is in control.
    Rex

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

>Christians." HA The most judgemental people on the face of the earth, deciding who will and won't be saved.

NOPE, that's just what it teaches. John 14.6, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

>PS, Since YOUR bible teaches that only Christians will be saved, remind me not to EVER purchase that version.

Try something besides the NWT and you might emerge from the fog...

>You may also want to use your grammar check when you use the ord 'your' since you obviously don't know the difference between your and you're.

That's a common error in grammar and btw, it sounds a lot more civil than 'assmuch'. Is that one of your newfound joys, using vulgarities?
    Yakki da
    Rex

• LDH
    LDH

Rex:

Not at all. Ass-munch is one of my all-time favorites. Thank you SOOOOO much for sharing the glorious good news about the Christ! You've taught me SOOOOOO much. NOT.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hey Francois, my brother gave me a book five years ago, when I was just making my exit from the Borg. It is called Living Buddha, Living Christ. It literally screamed at me that if you live the Buddhist philosophy, you are also living Christianity. So, to all the critics of me and those who believe as I do, "what does God want? People who believe in Christ. Or Christians?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit