Troubled teen? or pretender?

by wasasister 12 Replies latest jw friends

• wasasister
    wasasister

It's been 24 hours and no e-mail. I hate being so cynical, but I'm afraid I may have been duped again. If the person using the name "Steve88" would care to post, many here can help you. I repeat, if you took some sick pleasure in manipulating my sympathies last night, shame on you.

I'll err on the side of caring any time. I can't stop caring about people, no matter how many times I am deceived. I'll live with it.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Dear Wasasister,

I talk to a lot of people online and I get my sympathies duped from time to time.

I still trust everyone who asks me for help and I respond to all of them in as kind a way as I can. I usually point them to help they can get locally offline.

Yes, I'm a sucker too. But I don't care. If I have to sit through 100 frauds to help 1 or 2 sincerely troubled people (no matter what their troubles are), so be it.

hugs

Joel

• think41self
    think41self

Wasasister,

Don't ever change dear heart

Your kindness is a tribute to the good in humanity, and I for one would try to emulate your example.

If I spend a few minutes of my time on someone who is trying to deceive me, maybe they take some perverse pleasure in it...but I would still be enriched from the experience! I believe that kindness extended always returns to you tenfold...that has been my experience in life so far. Look at the responses you get from people here...everyone appreciates your good heart.

think41self

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit