Control damn it! April 2004 KM on How to Behave at the Conventions

by truthseeker 22 Replies latest jw friends

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

Not allowed water drink bottles to suck on, or lollies during the programme. Is distracting for others and shows a lack of appreciation.

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

In one assembly talk an elder, talking about modest dress, said "sisters, does your underwear show?"

Dirty old man.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Convention department overseers and brothers with assignments may find it necessary to discuss convention matters while the (indoctrination) sessions are in progress. Otherwise, they should set an example by their attentiveness to the program.

Hahaha!!

I was a department overseer at conventions and Mrs Ozzie always says it wasn't fair 'cos she had to sit thru' it all and listen "attentively" while I could have my elders meetings, over coffee of course!!!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

This article is exactly the same every year and is just another example of the regimentation the Society wants to impose on the R&F.

I just cannot image Christ wanting to regiment people in such a manner. I have attended a number of assemblies in a very poor third world country and things were a little different there. We all sat outside on the ground. People formed groups of 3 or 4 families, the food we brought was placed in the middle and we all shared. What in meant was that the poorest kids had a chance to eat something they normally wouldn't get. I had a feeling at the time that this was more "Christian" than the regulated manner constantly trotted out by the KM.

eyeslice

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Just check this one out too: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/68748/1.ashx

Cheers, Ozzie

• Panda
    Panda

Same old same old --- You'd think that Brooklyn would know by now that young JWs only go to conventions to walk around and talk. Their parents are hoping they'll get married and leave home.

I gues that means no baby walking in the hallways... maybe children should be drugged! Then when they're old enough to be bored to sleep you can stop drugging them.

My first non-attended assembly was like a breath of clean air --- literally.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thanks for your comments and to Funchback, Nathan and Corvin for your added paragraphs!

It's a shame that the friends who have been baptised for years are still parroting the answers like they never knew the questions.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

par 4.----"please wear your lapel card at all times, for all three days. Sisters will find that they can readily attach it to their left breast on the bathing suit while swiming at the approved hotel. Brothers can wear it on the front of their trunks, but please use extreme caution when attaching."

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

If necessary you can bring a small cooler that fits under your seat.Nice place for the elders and bethelites who can't go a say without a beer to keep their six-packsSsshh.It's a well known secret,huh,how could that be well known and a secret at the same time?Easy the GB.has many secrets and they are well known.So,go ahead, bring that small cooler

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hi Truthseeker,

Excellent post ... oh the memories of how the Society loves to micro-manage adults ... how they tell us at every turn what to do in the most mundane aspects that school child would know what to do on their own ... yep ... you got it ... they love "control" which is a form of power ... and we know how power corrupts. Thanks again ... Amazing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit