Circuit Assembly Report and other observations

by truthseeker 15 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Hi, it's been a while since I posted.

Circuit Assembly Program 2003-2004

------------------------------------------------------

Theme: Rejoice in the Hope. Endure Under Tribulation - Romans 12:12

Nothing special about this circuit assembly this time round, in fact, it was very boring. However, after a 40min drive, I arrived at the Hall, got a program and found a seat near the front.

Saturday Morning

9:45 Music - prior to music, speaker gets up and says, "You will be delighted by some beautiful Kingdom music" Eh? Kingdom Music now?

9:50 Song No 16 and Prayer

10:00 Rejoicing Despite Tribulation - yes, more persecution of our brothers in Georgia

10:15 Theocratic Ministry School

11:00 Song No 78 and Announcements - a gentle reminder for those that chew gum - please don't put it on the seats

11:10 Enduring in Work That is Good - the only people interviewed both days were pioneers and elders. Is it really necessary to state that pioneer sister so and so has been regular for 30 years? A subtle form of creature worship I thinks. It seems that too many pioneers are thinking of coming off the list and so they want to stop this.

11:35 Dedication and Baptism - a few did get baptized, mostly children of witness parents (at least it seems that way)

12:05 Song No. 55

Lunch - finally I can eat. Remember to put your coke cans in the container provided making sure to empty contents completely.

Saturday afternoon

1:25 Music - another delightful Kingdom melody

1:30 Song No 72 and Experiences - a new trend is taking place. The brother giving the experience uses actors to act out the experiences at the same time. Only the second year I have seen this happen. Once again, the experience was of pioneers.

1:45 Bear Fruit with Much Endurance

2:45 Song No 133 and Announcements

2:55 Keeping Our Hope (Carrot on a stick) Alive

3:25 Endurance Leads to an Approved Condition

3:55 Song No. 51 And Prayer

Sunday morning

9:45 Music

9:50 Song No 65 and Prayer

10:00 Responding Personally to our Daily Scripture Examination - I could never work out why they didn't do a daily examination of the text on all the other days.

10:15 Run The Race With Endurance - long time elders are interviewed about how long they have served and the problems they overcame.

11:00 Song No 224 and Announcements

11:10 Botchtower Summary

11:40 Giving Attention to the Needs of the Circuit - possible change of circuits, moving congregations about etc

12:05 Song No 38

Sunday afternoon

1:25 More Music

1:30 Song No. 23 and Prayer - Why do they always say a prayer at the beginning of the Sunday afternoon session? Does anyone know the answer to this?

Public Address: In Whose Name Should the Nations Hope?

2:25 Song No 105 and Announcements - Once again, crocodile tears for more money. How these people ring up a $12,000 deficit I'll never know. But, reading JT's experience of a brother who worked in the contributions dept and how they put a $ number on each publisher's head, I can see how such huge deficit's can appear.

2:35 Look Ahead, Not at the Things Behind

3:05 By Endurance You Will Aquire Your Souls - Another rehash of last years talk

3:35 Song No 29 and Prayer - finally, it's over

Leaving the building - 4 brothers are facing me just before the exit doors with those tall cardboard contribution boxes. Talk about "in your face"!

Summary - nothing new, or even remotely interesting. Just endure and all will be fine. And keep those contribtions flowing. Not a SINGLE publisher was used for either day, it was just pioneers and elders.

Has anyone noticed that the Society hasn't released a new video for some time now?

Also, the tract for young witnesses, "Young People - What Will You Do With Your Life' has never been mentioned. It's almost like it was never even published. What was the real reason for this glossy brochure?

Just remembered, the CO said that they want us to comment at WT meetings keeping our answers short, to the point and saying what's in the paragraph. Can they get anymore controlling?

That's about all folks

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Yes, and "Don't let the door slap your ass on the way out."

LOL

Randy

• blondie
    blondie
    The brother giving the experience uses actors to act out the experiences at the same time. Only the second year I have seen this happen. Once again, the experience was of pioneers.

These are called re-enactments and means that the CO could not find an approppiate experience by someone in that circuit. They had to use one from some other circuit in that country. If there is an A and B segment, that means they could not find one in either segment. So the actual people cannot give the experience and it would be lying if the people relating it represented it as their own.

Why do they always say a prayer at the beginning of the Sunday afternoon session? Does anyone know the answer to this?

Because they assume that nonJWs, interested people came just for the public talk and missed the morning prayer. It is a joke to think that nonJWs come just for the "public" talk.

In the olden days, a prayer was not given before the public talk at the Sunday meeting. The WTS did want nonJWs visiting to feel like they were sharing in worship.

Just remembered, the CO said that they want us to comment at WT meetings keeping our answers short, to the point and saying what's in the paragraph.

Maybe there are too many "Comments You Won't Hear at the WT Study" being made. "The paragraph says" "The Watchtower says" "The slave says".....but not "the Bible says"

Blondie

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote:

Why do they always say a prayer at the beginning of the Sunday afternoon session? Does anyone know the answer to this?

They want it to seem like it's a religion . . . . as advertized?

• simplesally
    simplesally
    Just remembered, the CO said that they want us to comment at WT meetings keeping our answers short, to the point and saying what's in the paragraph.

And this request keeps people from looking to other sources for clarity, explanation or a deeper sense of what the author might mean. Read what we tell you to read, read no other literature. Don't look up the word POOP..... we said poop is good, however a look in the dictionary tells us its CRAP, so you must not look.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thanks Blondie, Simplesally, Garybush and Randy for your comments.

Excellent point Blondie about reenactments - I had no idea, now it makes perfect sense.

Truthseeker

• Poztate
    Poztate
    The brother giving the experience uses actors to act out the experiences at the same time. Only the second year I have seen this happen. Once again, the experience was of pioneers.

Oh Blondie,

You make me feel so much better.In the early 70's I was asked to be on the DA in the experiences part.

I was suprised and a little disturbed to find out it was a scripted part.I always felt bad because nobody explained I was an actor.

I don't think too many people in the assembly knew we were just lip sinking some scripted nonsense. Now I know I was just an actor and some fiction writer had prepared the scene for me. Hollywood is next.I will sign an autograph for you anytime.

POZ

• blondie
    blondie

My husband found out the first time he gave an experience how scripted it was. By the time they were done, it barely resembled the truth of the matter.

Blondie

• Funchback
    Funchback

Thanks for posting this! My old congregation is having their Circuit Assembly this week.

I cry tears of happiness knowing that I am not sittng amongst them being bored stiff!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Yes, thank you!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit