Democrat or Republican?

by spiritwalker 33 Replies latest social current

• spiritwalker
    spiritwalker
    Spriitwalker, what or who are you responding to? You've got me puzzled.

I am just continueing in my same thought. Not responding to anyone

• copsec
    copsec

I read everything I can about every political candidate and issue and then I vote for whoever I think will do the best job. I have to admit though that I lean more Repulican as I am sick of Democrats wanting to give money away to all those who wanna sit on their lazy butts and take it. I am all for helping people who are really trying and can really use help but I am sick of working my butt off so that my taxes can be given to people who do not even TRY to take care of themselves.

• little witch
    little witch

While I agree with your assessment Spiritwalker, I am inclined to say that asking ones political view outright is rude and socially unacceptable

Such discussion is better left to more intimate settings. Public discussion brings comment and therefore differing opine. Not for the steadfast at heart.

I personally would perfer to not inquire of such bold questions unless of course you are willing to be swayed by the answers.

• spiritwalker
    spiritwalker

I am no longer a Witness. So I no longer understand the fear of asking any questions. Perhaps I need to remember the setting of the board and that some fears could still be in place. I am just happy they are not in me.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Isn't it odd that sexual discussions are frequent and often quite intimate here on the board. But political discussions are too private. What a strange twist.

• spiritwalker
    spiritwalker

Yes and considering that Bill Clinton taught us that sex and politics are as fitting as a stained blue dress. We should know better.

• little witch
    little witch

LOL With Spirit and Wednesday.

So true. Most who are exiting out are just as zeolous on exiting as they were on getting in.

Not realizing that it is a touchy and socially taboo subject to just spout out.

Go to any mainstream church, senior center, or public board and ask for ones political stance and see the response you get.

Thats reality folks!

• little witch
    little witch

The general population in a social context is not interested in your political persuation in the US at least.

At least in a social setting. Maybe it is a regional thing, but where I live, one does not ask outright a persons voting inclinations.

No offense meant.

• spiritwalker
    spiritwalker

Two ways to loss a friend, discuss religion or politics. We do one, why not the other. Time to live on the edge a bit.

• richard
    richard

For whatever it's worth, a US survey from the early 90s revealed that 6% of the JWs would vote Dem, 3% Rep. The remainding 91% would not vote at all. (Source: "One Nation under God", by Kosmin & Lachman, 1993).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit