"Dogma" by Kevin Smith

by dustyb 19 Replies latest jw friends

• dustyb
    dustyb

who's seen the movie dogma? there was a little debacle a few days ago about Jehovah is a dickhead and starts shit for nothing and kills his people. but there's a movie that was written and directed by Kevin Smith named Dogma. I think it explains everything in detail about how Jehovah really felt about his people and such. It has Jay and Silent Bob in it and they are prophets =D its a USA flick, released mid 90's. if you have access to it, i suggest renting it or purchasing it. www.bestbuy.com

• talesin
    talesin

dusty

All I can say is

Awesome movie

tal

• new light
    new light

I though it was a really entertaining movie, at least the first time or two. But let's face it, it's just one man's opinion on an ancient book of questionable origin and value. Basing one's faith on a movie starring Jay and Silent Bob may not be a decision one wants to stick with for long.

• dustyb
    dustyb

nonono new light, kevin smith is a genius! he's better than scholar on this website, or even JCanon!

• new light
    new light

Trust me, I appreciate the movie for all it's worth. It even made me think differently when I saw it back in '99. It's just that now I think the bible is a bunch of pish-posh and that's that.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

it's hilarious

Has anyone read any of the Preacher comic books? basically god has gone on a holibob and is letting us go to hell in a handbag. A guy who looks like John Wayne kills him - class stuff

• talesin
    talesin

I thought it was satire, thus the brilliance.

tal

• copsec
    copsec

Dogma is one of my all time favorite movies.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I saw this probably a month after I left the witnesses, awesome movie! I'm a huge fan of all Kevin Smith movies. Dogma is my movie if I'm in a philosophical mood, Chasing Amy if I'm feeling a bit dirty, Clerks just after work and Mallrats for how I spend my free time. Everyone tells me that I'm like the embodiment of Body. Plus after seeing that movie who hasn't tried to get a girl to scream out their favorite New Kid in bed? Getting back to the point Dogma is a highly recommended film, makes you think and it's funny.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Sounds great, thx for the recommendation1

I've never seen any of Kevin smith's movies, I'll make a point of seeing them now though!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit