Political Party Loyalty

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 24 Replies latest social current

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Sabrina,

That is a very good question. I'm not in a position to answer it because of being a non-political dub and not really awakening to politics until Bush's administration. BUT actually at the beginning of the war, I was kind of supporting it, but I didn't belong to a political party. I'm independent now.

BUT several people at my place of work are Republicans, but are very against Mr. Bush and the Iraq war. So, just from me and those whom I know, party loyalty doesn't come into it--the person and his policies DO.

Pat

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

"I cannot agree. Vietnam was a political war motivated by political interests. So is the Iraq war."

What war ISN'T motivated by "political interests?" It was in the interest of the US, who felt Sadaam was a threat, to take him down. He himself was playing games with UN weapons inspectors, had violated the terms of UN agreements, had everyone believing he had WMD.

"The Vietnam war is remembered in part for the duplicit actions by the political leaders of the time. So will the Iraq war. The Vietnam war is remembered as a negative, so will the Iraq war."

Well, congratulations on your ability to fortell the future; my crystal ball, unfortunately, is broken. And, just out of curiousity, WHAT war is ever remembered as a "positive?"

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Blacksheep,

You know, it would be helpful when you quote someone if you would put their name. Your post is on the 2nd page and it's difficult to know whom you're quoting.

Pat

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Patio,

The quote came from Greenpalmtreestillmine...now that's a mouthful..

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks, BS.

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit