Political Party Loyalty

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 24 Replies latest social current

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

I am very new to the political process and this year will be the first time I enter a voting booth, but something has been on my mind of late and I hope you all can help me sort it out.

If George Bush had been a Democrat and from day one of his Presidency had done everything exactly as he has done would most of the Republicans be supporting the War in Iraq? Would most of the Democrats still be against the War?

Or would each party fall in line with most Republicans against the War and most Democrats for the war?

Thank you,

Sabrina

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Unfortunately, most people, certainly most politicians, are in lock step with their parties. The Democrats seem a little more so than the Republicans, but not much.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    Unfortunately, most people, certainly most politicians, are in lock step with their parties. The Democrats seem a little more so than the Republicans, but not much.

I agree with Pork Chop. Maybe one day, we'll be able to get past this party loyalty thing. Like if Kerry chose McCain as his running-mate. That would cause the die-hards in both parties to pass a brick! I'd love it. I'm going to pray for that to happen.

Country

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Like if Kerry chose McCain as his running-mate.

Too bad that can't happen. What a ticket that would be!

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Damn, KErry-McCain ticket would be terrific. Oh well, so would winning the Lottery.

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

I am beginning to believe that political parties do more harm than good. George Washington was I believe against political parties and maybe he was right.

It is hard you know to see the faces of the young people being killed in war while the politicians play games with the American people and with each other. I find it hard to understand how many Americans have so little respect for their politicians but when one of them becomes President they then salute and willingly send their sons to death on his word.

I understand loyalty to country very well, I love my country. But when these young people die for their country while at the same time everyone knows the sons and daughters of the politicians who sent them there are almost certain never to go to war and that the rich will never go to war, most people seem not to notice or care.

I would very much like to see President Bush's daughters volunteer for this very important war on terror and some of the sons and daughters of those in government both Republican and Democrat who supported the war. If fighting the war on terror is such an important thing for the safety of this country than why do we not hear of prominant people and their children signing up for it? If Republicans think this is a good war then they and their children should be lining up at the recruiting stations around the country.

I haven't heard of any rush on recruiting stations by those who actively supported the war whether Republican or Democrat.

Surprising for a war which is so necessary to the safety of America.

Sabrina

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

I too am hoping beyond hope for a Kerry-McCain ticket. That would just be fantastic and would go a long way towards healing a lot of the partisan inflicted wounds in the US.

That being said, I have no party loyalty. I vote for the best person capable of leading, not the person in whatever party I'm registered in.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I could maybe live with a McCain Kerry ticket but not the other way around. Kerry is a complet sleeze, and an empty suit.

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Pork Chop,

I beginning to no longer feel that the politicians are the problem. So many Americans decry their politicians but in the end they get who they themselves put there. I'm afraid I am becoming cynical and discouraged even before I cast my first vote.

Sabrina

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Green,

Just vote for who you think is the best candidate, even if its a third party or independant. Much better feeling then the Republicratand the Demobilcan machines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit