Purse snatcher at convention!

by biblexaminer 13 Replies latest jw friends

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

In the crowded corridors at the district convention, there was a purse snatcher. I was in the right place at the right time to catch it all.

This guy grabbed this sister's purse and made off with it. She screamed and several brothers were in purseuit. This guy was really fast, and the bros' chasing hime were old, fat, and lame as a result of only being able to walk very slowly from door to door.

As the bros' were chasing this guy, he fell over a contribution box. The bros' gained on him as he scampered to his feet and he again got under way. He bolted to the left, down an aisle and fell over another contribution box. The bros' caught up a bit as this guy got back up and began to run.

He turned right down a corridor and fell over another contribution box, got up and fell over another one right beside the first one. The brothers got close enough to grab his shirt, but he slithered out of their grasp and made off down the stairs.

He was halfway down the stairs when he fell over another contribution box and, oh that's gotta hurt, he tumbled all the way down the rest of his fall.

Fortunately for him, there was a dozen contibution boxes at the bottom that broke his fall and he survived the ordeal. He would have gotten away at this point, but as he tried to open the door, he found that it was blocked by contribution boxes.

The sister got her purse back, but in the ordeal, apparently, her wallet opened up and spilled into one of the contribution boxes and she had no money left for lunch.

So, I bought her lunch for her.

• mommy
    mommy

HEHE Bigboi
    I always found it funny that we proclaimed we did not pass around a plate. But I never could figure out why it was ok to "vote" on a set amount of money each of us would send into the org every month.
    Thanks
    wendy

• TR
    TR

Damn. One helluva clumsey purse snatcher!

rotflmao!

TR

"Kults Suk"

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Wendy,

That was one of the things that opened my eyes, besides the Jimmy Swaggart mess. Every week they were browbeating us during the service meeting, to give, give, give. I began to think we were on the Bakker's religious program. Or else we were now serving the Great God Gimme Gimme instead of Jehoover.

RCat

• esther
    esther

ROFLOL what a great story.

Trouble is, it is so true that those contribution boxes are everywhere.

Mommy, I never had the courage, but I often wanted to say no to sending money to the organisation. I thought that since we were trying to raise money for a new KH we needed to keep the money for the congregation to use/
    Rcat

Every week they were browbeating us during the service meeting, to give, give, give
    Yes, it made me unwilling to contribute. I seem to remember that C Russell said something about knowing it was time to stop when the voluntary contributions stopped coming in.

esther

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

If he had gone in the loo, there would be contribution boxes, they are probably attached to all the cars who are no longer paying for parking! LOL

• LDH
    LDH

Eman--I got the bit about why you had to buy her lunch, LOL!

Capital bit of humor!

Lisa

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline
    Yes, it made me unwilling to contribute. I seem to remember that C Russell said something about knowing it was time to stop when the voluntary contributions stopped coming in.

Yep, Esther, I agree. It always made me feel bad that I couldn't contribute, being a single mom with three kids to support. Then I got mad, because it seemed to me they were acting no different than the TV evangelizers, always beating the drum for mo' money, mo' money. Greed was rampant. But I have their greedy behavior to thank for getting my eyes opened alot sooner!

RCat

• JAVA
    JAVA

Great story, I really enjoyed it.

I always figured the Witnesses didn't pass the hat because you couldn't get it passed the contribution boxes, as this purse snatcher found out! It's a shame Witnesses can't drop something at an assembly without it landing in a contribution box.

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

How much do ya wanna bet that dubs are using this instance in talks now. How Jehovah's spirit put all those contribution boxes in front of him. Of course, if that's the case, he forced that poor woman to give money. LOL Maybe she was rich and didn't want to contribute for the fruit bag.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit