The Road to Iraq - 237 Lies

by Satanus 65 Replies latest social current

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Guys n' gals, this is a brave new world for most of us...I hope we don't now fall into the dark hole of nationalism, when we are just now crawling out of the filthy, lying hole of a false religion. We may feel a need to 'belong' to something bigger than ourselves, my opinion is, just because we are born in a particular geographic 'spot' on the earth...we don't owe them anything and we should not 'pegged' as representing that country.

Wow. I just hope some of the X-jdubs don't carry their extremist view in approaching their new lives. JW's foster fear and hatred of world leaders; everyone and every thing's a mess. Pride in one's nation and one's heritage necessarily constitutes some form of warped nationalism..."my country, right or wong." H'ow many time have we heard JWs say that?

From what I am seeing from some people who think they have entirely left the borg is that they are carrying over some rather warped extremist negativism about the world. Listen folks, there have always been wars, their have always been nations, there has always been politics. No one to is coming down to rescue the world and wipe out all the bad politicians. Knowing that is the only way to constructively deal with conflict.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Pride in one's nation and one's heritage necessarily constitutes some form of warped nationalism..."my country, right or wong." H'ow many time have we heard JWs say that?

While I'd agree that JW's have a warped view of patriotism and nationalism, it doesn't hurt to remember that *ism's* of just about any sort can easily become dangerous and unthinking things. The expression "my country, right or wrong" did not originate with the witnesses, even though they criticise (and rightly so) that attitude. People who carry that attitude are certainly not American patriots, and they do have a warped form of nationalism.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

*ism's* of just about any sort can easily become dangerous and unthinking things. The expression "my country, right or wrong" did not originate with the witnesses, even though they criticise (and rightly so) that attitude.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

*ism's* of just about any sort can easily become dangerous and unthinking things. The expression "my country, right or wrong" did not originate with the witnesses, even though they criticise (and rightly so) that attitude.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Sorry about the last double post...my pc is freaking out on me. *ism's* of just about any sort can easily become dangerous and unthinking things. The expression "my country, right or wrong" did not originate with the witnesses, even though they criticise (and rightly so) that attitude. True..."isms" can be dangerous and unthinking things. But the question is...who is labeling people's POV as an "ism." Someone else. Who obviously disagrees, is fearful, and seems to want to circumvent meaninful dialog in favor of branding someone is a member of an "ism." That's what I'm seeing.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

For myself...I just have a yearning to be as independent as possible.

Black Sheep, I think most of the people here (from what they write) will be independent, too. After all we've been thru it would seem natural. A lot like me, cannot ever see themselves even involved with another religion.

But, it is scary is an X-JW approaches politics, like they did religion, damn...look out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit