Are terrorist humans?

by dustyb 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

dusty,

: if you have not a care for human life, and would rather try to blow up thousands of people if given the chance, would you call yourself human? The reason i ask is, would you have any problem putting a gun to a known terrorist head and pulling the trigger? iono if i could do it yet, because i haven't been in that situation. but lets just make one really quick. you are in a room with Osama bin Laden, you have a 9mm and are alone. he is asleep and can't hear you. nobody will hear your shot because you are silenced. one shot one kill. would you pull the trigger?

If you were an author, and you knew what capital letters meant. i.e. "Osama bin Laden" and didn't know that you should also use them to start sentences and I told you about this, would you be offended?

Your punctuation is pretty good, by the way. At least start each SENTENCE with a cap.

Nevermind. It doesn't matter. You got your point across.

Sorry.

Farkel

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Nevermind. It doesn't matter. You got your point across.

Dusty is one of the youngest guys on the board. One very good thing about him is he doesn't say offensive things all the time like some of the other younger guys do. It's kind of nice. Not that I have read all of your posts, Dusty, but so far I see you as a pretty smart guy.

Flyin'

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

"...if you dehumanize them they are a lot easier to kill." Right...all they really need is to be UNDERSTOOD. They're just frustrated, tired of being tyrranized. Let's embrace them...rap with them...help them..

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I don't know. Who am I to be a Judge, Jury, and Executioner. I don't know if Osama had anything to do with any terrorism. Its the same with the Kerry/Bush thread. Who cares who becomes president? They both belong to secret society's that dont even consider us as humans, they are have blood lines to European royalty, they were both members of the skull and bones society.

Who Cares!

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

I dont know what they are ...but they are not ROBOTS!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is a bit of the plot synopsis from the movie Frailty:

"...All that changed, the day his father awoke, believing he had been visited by an angel and given a mission to destroy "demons" - seemingly normal looking people, who walked this earth as pure evil. ............The FBI agent follows Fenton to the family's rose garden only to be surprised that neither evil nor innocence are what they seem. "

http://www.hollywood.com/movies/detail/movie/376793

My son encouraged me to watch this movie the other night. It gives you a lot of food for thought and points to ponder on the subject of whether "demons" walk among us clothed as humans.

Not sayin' I believe they do or even if there are demons, but it's an interesting idea.

Flyin'

• dustyb
    dustyb
    If you were an author, and you knew what capital letters meant. i.e. "Osama bin Laden" and didn't know that you should also use them to start sentences and I told you about this, would you be offended?

Your punctuation is pretty good, by the way. At least start each SENTENCE with a cap.

Farkel...this is an informal forum. i don't have to turn this into a teacher, and its a lot easier to type without punctuation. so why not type like this? if you got a prob w/ it, try to send a bill into the house of represenatives that states, "Resolved: You Must Use Punctuation On All Forums Online." not trying to sound like an ass or anything....

onto another note, i would agree in finding it hard to pull the trigger. i'd make sure nobody would hear me, and i'd toy with him. probably stick that dialysis machine up his ass and give him a good dialysis medicine colon (if he's on the liquid stuff). but i don't think i'd shoot him. mebbe blow a nut off, but not shoot him.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Wouldn't killing Osama Bin Laden in his sleep be similar to the bible story in which a woman drove a tent peg through a mans head?

Better to capture him, give him a trial, let his followers see him tried before the world.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I agree Dusty, I know mispell a lot on this board, but it ain't a term paper and as long as the thoughts are conveyed who cares.

Come to think about it I really dont give a sh!@ about much of anything.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I could do it without a second thought and not lose sleep at night. Would I? I'm not sure. There's alot to be said for the dehumanising arguement - Bush has done a good job of uniting America behind him using the dehumanising of the 'evildoers'. Next time he speaks analyse what he says and notice the blanket descriptions of the bad guys to lump them together as a dehumanised, faceless amorphous mass that needs fighting. It's interesting that it is the same sort of language that Hitler used against the Jews.

Note, I am not comparing Bush to Hitler in any way other than the interesting psychological nuances used in their speeches. It is well documented here how I feel about Bush but I do not see him as a Nazi.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit