What's The Best Way To Help A Witness Leave The Organization?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the point many have brought up re the person recognizing they need help or that there is danger is true of many 12-step programs. When I first was attending Al-Anon, I thought it was to help the alcoholic. It turned out to be to help me deal with the situation whether they stopped drinking or not. I learned that only the alcoholic (with a higher power) can stop their drinking. They have to see they are an alcoholic and the negative part drinking plays in their life and take responsibility for their lives. Until that happens.....it is likely talking into the wind.

I think that works with JWs. Until they see the problems in their life and the part the WTS plays in them, if you try and point it out to them they won't see it and can get closed off and defensive.

It is better to wait and watch when a situation comes up and they are hurt by the WTS policies and come to you for comfort. Just ask them questions and help them reason. Back up if they start to get defensive. You want them to come back to you for support when the WTS screws with them again, and they will. Be a friend, support when you can.

Blondie

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Minimus! I think you have this book by Wilbur Lingle, "Approaching Jehovah's Witnesses In Love"....How To Witness Effectively Without Arguing.I find it to be very informative and practical.

Blueblades

• ISP
    ISP

I would leave them to it. There is not much to be gained by forcibly pushing the issue. The internet is here. Dubs can look and find out what they want. We can help with any additional clarification/support.

ISP

• minimus
    minimus

I'm thinking about how we can help here, on the internet.

• ISP
    ISP

Stick around...be ready to pick up the pieces. Make sure we keep up with events i.e. UN scandal etc.......leave the rest to the dumb ass dubs.

ISP

• shotgun
    shotgun

Kidnap him or her..take them to a deserted Island and leave only material found on the forum and literature from J.F Rutherfords private library with them...if that doesn't work remove they're brain and wash it with Tide laundry detergent then put it back in....

Cuz if you got the answer I want to hear it!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Good luck Aikon

• minimus
    minimus

I like the idea of providing old Rutherford literature to help a JW leave the organization. Actually, I believe the Romanian branch of JWs left a few years ago when they realized that the beliefs of JWs today are vastly different than in Rutherford's time.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

There is no easy quick way. The majority of Witnesses are hopelessly locked into a mode and frame of mind that almost anything or any kind of evidence presented to them will not amount to squat. All you can do is slowly chip away. It may take decades to do.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Make them realize that their 'proper food" is not really food. Fade away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit