I'm alittle angry right now! Rant...

by Been there 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Been there
    Been there

I was at my daughters helping her out with her new baby all day. I left to go home and stopped behind this pick up truck at a stop sign. It was taking a while for him to go then BAM he backed up into me. Shocked me for a second...........I looked in my rear view mirror to see if I was hit from behind to push me into him. NO. I laid on my horn. I then got out of my car to look. They were taking a long time to come out. Then this female comes from the passanger side and says "Oh my God he didn't see you back there, he didn't know it was in reverse". He gets out and offers me $200 for the damage. I said No way. She said thats all its worth on this piece of S%*$ car as thier ball hitch is imbeded in my grill.

I insisted on calling the police and making a report. I had a suspition they would run. After a couple more attempts for me to take money right now he started coming closer to me, I was stepping back a couple times, I told him to back off or I would scream. He said why would you do that? He took one more step closer and started to put his hand out to me so I screamed as loud as I could. I wanted anyone to be looking that way.

A third person (guy) in the truck had walked across the street to the liquor store, I thought to call the police. Apparantly it was to use that $200 for a witness. Because they found one. I called my husband to call the police. In a split second this girl was saying something and said "Wait a minute! she it us...we'll say she was tailgating us all the way down the highway". She was telling this guy all the stuff they were going to say. They said I was crazy, yelling and screaming. I did scream, I feared for my safety.

The cops weren't to interested in what I had to say and took very little info. They talked mostly with them. One cop did call me over and asked if I had moved my car, I said no but they moved theres up, to get it off my car. He showed me a foot long skid mark in front of my front tires. He said it looks like you hit them. I said I had my foot on the brake. The driver of the truck came over and the cop said I'm not talking to you get over there. I don't know if he was trying to tell me something or what. How could it look like I hit him if I had skid marks in front of my tires? that looks like I was pushed back a foot not skid into him. I asked the cop if I hit him why would he want to pay me $200?

My word against his and two of his friends and thier witness. Now I have about $700 damage to the front end of my car and I get to pay for it. He did have insurance. I suspect drugs and not wanting the cops called and this strange black camero that pulled up in front of them a few minutes after he made a call.Any way I have to wait three days to get a copy of the report. This should be interesting. If you made it this far thanks for listening. I hate liars.

• kat2u
    kat2u

ouch! I am so sorry to hear that Id say you did the right thing by not trusting the shady person

My son and his father were in a car accident this last week rearended by a 17 year old

now out car is totalled Its a hard to find BMW .And we wont be paid what its worth to us.

But they are alright and Im glad you are too.

Life just sucks sometimes!!!!!!!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Dang! Know how you feel. I had almost the same thing happen in Israel except he drove away when he saw I was about six inches taller than he. But later was summuned to court and in the mean time had lined up phoney witnesses who claimed I hit him.. I agree, Liars suck!

carmel

• Been there
    Been there

Sorry bout your BMW Kat, hope you can find another one you like and can afford.

Carmel, did you win? This is a no fault state. You don't get cited for hitting another car. Back in August someone hit my back end when I was parked on the street. Hit and run. $1700 in damages. No one saw it happen. I went out on Sunday mornings in the area and looked for any white car that had a smashed up passanger side. They left some evidence behind. It took me 3 weeks but I found the car and his insurance paid. I got my deductable back from the insurance co. I should have been a PI.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OMG That sounds so scary. Never mind the car. I'm glad YOU are ok

• Gadget
    Gadget

In the UK I pay £15 extra on my insurance and have legal protection cover, which means in this sort of situation you have a solicitor to fight your case for you paid by your policy. Can your insurance company not help you out with something like this? When My car was hit by somebody else I had problems getting the money from the other drivers insurance company, it was a classic car and they only offered me 25% of the cars true value as a settlement. I ended up sending a 11 page report, giving full details of the accident, the damage to my vehicle, evidence showing the value of my vehicle, and reports from a motor engineer. They settled my claim in full with nor further arguement. Can you not put together an arguement like that to send to the other drivers insurance company that would make think it would be a cheaper option for the company to just pay for your car to be repaired, rather than fight your case because of how strong you've put your arguement together? And while its fresh in your mind draw a diagram of what happened, showing where the cars and skid marks were, and go back to the site and take photographs, making sure you have something next to the skidmark to show its size. Atrained accident investigater can tell from a skidmark what direction the car was travelling in at the time, and so would be able to provide a report to prove that your car was moving backwards and so must have been hit and pushed by the other vehicle....... Then in your claim against the other driver you claim for the damage on the car, the costs of getting your case together and compensation for the way the other drivers subsequent actions made you feel. And if you submit this evidence as a claim to YOUR insurance company, they'll take the action for you to stop them having to pay out the money.

• Been there
    Been there

Thanks everyone.

I will be going to my insurance company today. I took a picture of my car tire & skid mark but it was dark and will probably not show up. (washed out by the flash). I also took a picture of the damage or (lack of) done to the truck so they don't have another wreck and say I caused it. I am really hoping 3 people don't all of a sudden have whiplash this morning. I should have taken pictures of the positions of the cars but I really was not thinking straight at the time. The cops upset me even more. There is snow on the grownd right now so the marks will probably be gone.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

There isn't much defense for us if a liar pays another person to lie as well.

Life isn't fair sometimes. Sorry this happened to you.

I was watching a cop show the other evening, and it showed actual videos from patrol cars, where the officer stopped a vehicle. In separate incidents, one officer was killed and thrown in the bushes, and the other was beaten and left for dead in the road. Of course they got the guilty parties and prosecuted them.

Sometimes, it's best to just stay put in your vehicle, without getting out. Take down their tag number and a description. If they get out and come back to your car, just ask them to call the police if you don't have a cell phone. If they don't, and they leave the scene, then you have evidence enough for your insurance company and even the police to address the issue. It just isn't safe anymore, especially for women.

/<

• Sassy
    Sassy

I read this this morning but right after I has used earned back post..

I am SOOOOO sorry that you had to go through this crap (<--politest way to say it)

I can't believe that you are not being believed! I sure hope your insurance company is of assistance!

• Been there
    Been there

Got an estimate today on the damage. $1154 I'm sure he would have liked me to take the $200. I talked to my insurance, they took down the report but said it will all depend on what the police report says. I may be able to pick it up Friday. The lady said it does'nt look good for me though. Did I mention I hate liars?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit