"You're an apostate!"

by Swan 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Well I would suggest one of the following:

1) Flip her a coin and say "here's a quarter, why don't you go buy yourself a Christian attitute";

2) State rather loudly but sadly "Did you run out of your medication again?"

3) Say "I see Satan has really blinded your mind.....how sad." (be prepared for them to go mental after this)

4) Go "Hey! how'd that pedophile charge come out for your husband?"

5) Find out where she works and then I can REALLY give you some suggestions.

What a total idiot this person is! Wonder if she counted it as Time...............

• Maverick
    Maverick

You should have just smiled at her and in a loving tone ask her how she is doing. And then leaned over and in a very soft but clear voice ask, "Are you off your meds?" Maverick

• Mulan
    Mulan

Tammy, I've had similar things happen in stores. I laugh, as the people around me look at the OTHER person as if they are NUTS. You shouldn't feel uncomfortable. They are the ones making the scene.

We had a phone call for the business one day, and the woman suddenly asked if my huband's name was David. I said it was so she said "I've changed my mind. I won't hire apostates." I laughed and acted like I could hardly stop laughing and said "Okay, thanks for the call." She slammed the phone down, as I continued to laugh.

Don't let them get to you.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I would not have been embarrassed, but embarrassed for her.

Who else but JW's use the word "apostate" as a condenscending label?

No one else but you saw that word as a bad word.

Anyone in earshot of those comments were likely wondering if your accuser skipped her meds for the day.

If you wanted to really have fun with it, then wiseass comments can go a long way.

Make sure to say these comments loudly like you were speaking to an 85 year old deaf person:

"Have you found it harder to live in this world that *pause* Jeho-vah will soon destroy at *pause* Arma-geddon?"

"Are you still following the voice of the, *pause* Governing - Body?"

"Yes, I'm still *pause* 'an APOSTATE'. Are you still part of the *pause* GREAT CROWD? How's that working out for you?"

Use their own freaky, cult language to make an ass of themselves.

Then turn around after talking to her, shake your head, and say barely under your breath, "Too bad your still in a cult".

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Man some people!

• avishai
    avishai

Well, since you are in Oregon, I would have said "Are you related to any of the elders that covered up for Tyler Davidow's abuse by Chris Mckenzie? Or perhaps the body of elders that covered up Don Seargents abuse, a man who admittedly raped over 50 children? I'm so sorry, that must make you really defensive. What you are doing right now is called projection, in psychological terms, but you would'nt know that, because you don't believe in Psychiatric care, only "counseling by largely uneducated janitors, etc."

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Was she hot?

Personally I'd love it if some hot JW chick said that to me. In fact I can think of a few that I used to know that'd get me all warm and ....warm..just at such words.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Tammy...........YOU DID NOTHING WRONG. Don't take on her shit. You politely asked her to move so you could get to the condiment section. I can't believe you feel responsible for her crap!!! Yes, I can. Hon, don't take her crap on. It's all hers, and has nothing to do with you!

Take it from one who knows,

Terri

• Flash
    Flash
    You got real embarrassed with everyone staring and left the place. What would you have done differently?

Nothing...Their attention was on that 'dangerously unbalanced woman.'

• Panda
    Panda

Wow Swan, talk about paranoid of outsiders. She probably ran home and told everyone at her next meeting how Satan came face to face with her, and she yelled something to keep the evil Swan away. Maybe someone needs to know how rude this woman was AND how everyone who watched thought she was minus some grey matter.

How about writing an op-ed note to the local newspaper about rudeness in fast food restaurants at lunch time. You can't be the only lunch rage victim. Don't mention dub-dum. Just say how you reached for napkins, said excuse me and this woman turned on you like a banshee. Maybe mention that folks need to watch out for lunch rage at the condiment stand.

Basically she's the idiot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit