Victory for Terrorism

by Yerusalyim 135 Replies latest social current

• Satanus
    Satanus

BS

That wasn't the case with bin Laden, wth masterminded 9/11, and now apparently 3/11.

I honestly struggle with people who someone sympathize with these terrorists.

Who has stuck up for bin ladin? I can't remember anyone who has done so, but then i miss stuff, sometimes.

SS

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

SS,

Well yes, Binny Laden was indeed in Afghanistan fighting the Soviets...and then he left...just like the US...he didn't come back until after the Taliban had moved from the refugee camps in Pakistan and had taken over a good deal of the country. I'll remind you again that your ascertian was incorrect. The Taliban didn't fight the Soviet Union...they came later. In fact, most of the guys that fought with us against the Taliban were the folks that fought the Soviets. Also, as a note, Bin Laden is NOT Taliban, he sympathizes with them...and paid for a lot of what they had...but he was in no way responsible for the Taliban coming to power.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Deleted as a double post...sorry guys.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

“Who has stuck up for bin ladin? I can't remember anyone who has done so, but then i miss stuff, sometimes”

To quote some posts on this thread (maybe not from you):

“The fact is that the people who are doing these things aren't "EVIL" like our president likes to label them. They're a group of people who have been historically oppressed and disenfranchised and they view their terrorist acts as their only way to escape the influence we have over the region -- which they view as keeping them oppressed.”

Again, not evil, just “oppressed and disenfranchised.” (quote not from you). Along with the “full belly, warm bed, and productive activity-makes-people-not-want-to-terrorize comment.”

Those are the people who are subtly and sometimes not-so-subtly, defending terrorism. Someone made them do it...

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

“Who has stuck up for bin ladin? I can't remember anyone who has done so, but then i miss stuff, sometimes”

To quote some posts on this thread (maybe not from you):

“The fact is that the people who are doing these things aren't "EVIL" like our president likes to label them. They're a group of people who have been historically oppressed and disenfranchised and they view their terrorist acts as their only way to escape the influence we have over the region -- which they view as keeping them oppressed.”

Again, not evil, just “oppressed and disenfranchised.” (quote not from you). Along with the “full belly, warm bed, and productive activity-makes-people-not-want-to-terrorize comment.”

Those are the people who are subtly and sometimes not-so-subtly, defending terrorism. Someone made them do it...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    They're a group of people who have been historically oppressed and disenfranchised and they view their terrorist acts as their only way to escape the influence we have over the region -- which they view as keeping them oppressed.?

The Nazis could us the same line...

Remember the US is NOT the oppressor...it's their own people...there's not one democratic country in the lot...though Iraq and Afghanistan are going to give it a shot. (Israel is democratic, but this isn't about them...not this time.

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

Blacksheep, you're obvisouly not reading the posts very thoroughly or you would have seen that I've already answered your supposed question:

Your question: "Which was...why do you think the terrorists brutalized and enslaved women? Did that have to do with US oppression? Please, think about it and answer the question"

Damn straight it did. We gave the taliban in Afghanistan 124.2 million USD in aide in 2001 alone! You're the one that needs to do some research!

My point to all of you, if I can express this as simply as possible is that we have to stop propping up middle-east dictators! (Because that's what's caused and continues to cause these terrorist groups to exist and operate.) Those middle east dictators being the Sa'ud family in Saudi Arabia, and the Emir in Kuwait, and the "President" of Pakistan.

And for your informations Yeru, Israel is not the only democracy in the region. Iran has been a democracy for nearly 30 years now, since they ousted the Shah. Qatar has also been a democracy since 1999.

And furthermore, thrill me with your acumen Yeru, how could the Nazis have used the same line of reasoning?

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

"Damn straight it did. We gave the taliban in Afghanistan 124.2 million USD in aide in 2001 alone! You're the one that needs to do some research!"

Okaaay. So, assuming we DID give them 124.2 million in 2001, how did that impact what they did to women? They got so much money that they decided they'd start brutalizing and suppressing women...

Not following. Please fill in the gaps.

• MorpheuzX
    MorpheuzX

Because Blacksheep we financed what they did! We also allowed it to happen. We could have pushed an amendment through the U.N. to get U.N. troops sent into there back in 1999, or 2000, or 2001 in order to establish a democracy, apprehend Osama Bin Laden and stop the genocide of the taliban. Instead, Bill Clinton and George Bush did nothing. It was only when we were attacked that we decided to go flatten Afghanistan.

And if you think that $124 million figure is made up, go back to page five, I think. There's a link in one of my post to a CNN news story that pre-dated 9/11 and documented how the money was given to the taliban.

I'm glad the taliban are out of power in Afghanistan. They're an example of fundamentalism at it's worst.

• Farkel
    Farkel

morph,

: My point to all of you, if I can express this as simply as possible is that we have to stop propping up middle-east dictators! (Because that's what's caused and continues to cause these terrorist groups to exist and operate.) Those middle east dictators being the Sa'ud family in Saudi Arabia, and the Emir in Kuwait, and the "President" of Pakistan.

Explain how we "propped up" Sadaam Hussein, in this year, then? He's is deep poo-poo now

I will agree with you that the Saudis should be next on our agenda. Maybe the Iranis, too. I don't know. I'm not privileged to know that stuff.

The Saudis are DEFINITELY among the bad guys. They will smile at you, shake your hand, and put a knife in your back at the first chance...

9/11 was ALL about Saudis.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit