Prince coming up on The Today Show, wonder if he will mention JW'ers....?

by NoBorg 21 Replies latest jw friends

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I think Prince is one of the greatest guitarrists who ever lived. I think he'll survive this JW episode ok.

edited to say: NoBorg I like your spongemonkeys. We love da moooooon, cause it is close to usss.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Kate:

He's a great musician I'm curious about his new CD...

gita:

I think Prince is one of the greatest guitarrists who ever lived.

I want whatever drugs you're taking.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

ona:

I want whatever drugs you're taking.

Kate

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I want all the drugs you are taking

I am high on Planet Jehooovah

god loves us all. Except for whales. And gorillas. But he's kinda fond of them two. Marry Crhsimas everyoen. I love you all.

• onacruse
    onacruse

gita,

deva-dvija-guru-prajna-

pujanam saucam arjavam

brahma-caryam ahimsa ca

sariram tapa ucyate

(For us Sanskrit-deficient folks, the translation [as per Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada]:

The austerity of the body consists in this: worship of the Supreme Lord, the brahmanas, the spiritual master, and superiors like the father and mother. Cleanliness, simplicity, celibacy, and nonviolence are also autserities of the body.)

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Prabupada was a frogmouthed ninny. I heard he was a pretty good cook though.

• onacruse
    onacruse

gita:

Prabupada was a frogmouthed ninny.

Well, he does have a rather ugly..shall we say, "facial features profile"?

But then so does Prince...if I had a dog that looked like him, I'd ask him to walk backwards. LOL

Honestly: it's his life to live, just like mine is mine to live...if he's getting off on the JWs, and it makes him happy, then so be it. Let the metronome of life swipe away.

Any bets that he'll be another GeorgeB?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Better to be a GeorgeB then a burned out LarryB. Larry can play still paly though no doubt about it.

• onacruse
    onacruse

gita, I have no clue (playing the $10,000,000 dollar game here ), who LarryB is.

And my interest in the Gita is primarily linguistic (the triadic structure of Semitic/Indo-European languages)

I think maybe I need to get out more

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Actually, Insomniac, you are right. However, I was just speaking of first nationally distributed album after he was picked up on a national label... but you're right about the Minneapolis Genius album. I've never heard any of that work at all. I'd love to listen to it. His "For You" album was kind of gospelly in parts, and rock and roll in others. Very interesting.

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit