Congratulations, Spain - first government to fall because of Iraq, Bush!

by TheOldHippie 102 Replies latest social current

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Grrrrrrrrr (lol)

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

"Yes, it's true.

Before 9/11, the US did practically NOTHING to stop terrorism. In fact, as is well-discussed in many of these threads, the US government has aided and abetted terrorists for years, as long as it suited their current policies."

Ah yes. When Clinton was in power? I agree with you there. Fortunately, we had actual LEADERSHIP voted in. Clinton turned a blind eye to the buildup of terrorism. Oh, but he did take an active stance on an ASPIRIN factory. Yes, that's fighting terrorism. He set the world stage. He gave terrorists confidence that we would really take no action on terrorism.

• talesin
    talesin

that's not much of an answer, black sheep

You're not addressing the 60s, 70s and 80s as well as most of the 90s

Self-righteous bullies don't impress me (not you BTW, your country) :)

US has done NOTHING for decades but support regimes that terrorize and torture people for their own gain, and now that they are attacked they are oh so self-righteous about 'protecting' the world.

please address this, instead of skirting around the issue.

tks

tal

• donkey
    donkey

Talesin,

Ok thanks for the insight. From your last post I infer you say: After 9/11 the US should have done nothing.

While I agree invading Iraq is a case of poor judgement on the part of the administration - a total mistake, I totally support the elimination of people and nations who attack us such as the shit-heads who did so on 9/11.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

"that's not much of an answer, black sheep

You're not addressing the 60s, 70s and 80s as well as most of the 90s" Self-righteous bullies don't impress me (not you BTW, your country)" You obviously have issues with the US--Jeaslousy perhaps? :)

"US has done NOTHING for decades but support regimes that terrorize and torture people for their own gain, and now that they are attacked they are oh so self-righteous about 'protecting' the world." Ah, and what about Castro's regime, which Canada seems so fond of? Tell me, why did France (your mother nation), get in on the kickback deal - you know, gas for food? How noble was that? We have out standards in the US. We have the greatest national GNP. Sorry you cannot compete and seem to want to consistenly lash out against the US... I've seen this on a lot of boards. Face it...not everyone can be number 1.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Talesin:

"US has done NOTHING for decades but support regimes that terrorize and torture people for their own gain,

NOTHING?!?!? What rock do you hide under? 22% of the United Nations budget is paid for by the United States (which doesn't include the hundreds of thousands of dollars foreign countries stiff New York City by ignoring our parking laws and not paying the traffic tickets.... arrogant b*stards).

The United States is now the world?s top donor of economic aid. In 2001, the United States gave $10.9 billion, Japan $9.7 billion, Germany $4.9 billion, the United Kingdom $4.7 billion, and France $4.3 billion.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Above find lies about Clinton in a sleazy (and intellectually dishonest) effort to brand the "right" as strong and the "left" as weak. Nothing could be further from the truth. Not to mention that Clinton was really not very "left" at all, but rather very centrist.

Clinton and his administration were both strong and effective against terrorism. Bush came in, and immediately went on extended vacation (the most vacation days of any president in history, if I'm not mistaken), ignoring the very pointed warnings about Al Quida given to them by the Clinton administration.

Do you pathetic sissy republican supporters just hate your country? *bats eyelashes innocently*

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Above find lies about Clinton in a sleazy (and intellectually dishonest) effort to brand the "right" as strong and the "left" as weak. Nothing could be further from the truth. Not to mention that Clinton was really not very "left" at all, but rather very centrist.

oh pleeeeze. Whether Democrat or Republican, left or right, it's ALL Politics. Everyone claims to be an expert in knowing what is the 'truth' and demonizing the other side. It's POLITICS....it comes with the territory. Each side will play up their positives and ignore their negatives...It's still JUST Politics! No one side really has it over the other...they're all SLEAZY ... and who get's caught in the middle of all this rhetoric, but the average "joe voter" who pays the taxes and has to put up with this annual dog and pony show. My grandfather use to say "there's a special place in hell for all politicans and lawyers".... I'm starting to believe it.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    My grandfather use to say "there's a special place in hell for all politicans and lawyers"....

There's alot of bad ones, I won't argue you that. I know some good ones in both camps. Amazing that we've made the progress we have in the last hundred years, what with politicians and lawyers calling the shots.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    There's alot of bad ones, I won't argue you that. I know some good ones in both camps. Amazing that we've made the progress we have in the last hundred years, what with politicians and lawyers calling the shots.

Well, I can't disagree with you on that. Where's a Washington and a Lincoln when you need them....oops, I just remembered, Lincoln was a lawyer.... never mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit