Inactive and Immune

by new light 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lulu
    lulu

All my husband and I ( we were pioneers at the time!!) was ask the elders for answers to various questions. No reply from them, however, an announcement was made one week later that we were disassociated. No communcation whatsoever from anyone, including'friends' of 20 years standing.

Terrific!!

• blondie
    blondie

lulu, what did you ask?

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

A sister was out of the borg for years, yet an elder asked another sister in the cong. to "spy" on her to see if another man was visiting her. She had an "attitude" problem with the local elders, so I'm sure they would of had a JC if they could of.

• Special K
    Special K

Thanks BLONDIE

for that tidbit..."They need only try 3 times, using proof from attempts with a certified letter, to DF you without meeting with you if they have sufficient evidence.

In my case they only thought they had sufficient evidence.. heresay.

interesting.

special k

• blondie
    blondie

That's right, Special K, sufficient evidence to fool others, I'm sure, like the CO and the WTS to put on their special little form. I'm sure they CYA.

Sort of like the staying overnight unchaperoned with someone overnight means fornication/adultery took place. But not if they were unchaperoned during the day.

Blondie

• shotgun
    shotgun

LOL at GotmyfortyHomey..great picture

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

My P.O. called me up out of the blue, after having been inactive for over a year, demanding we meet with them.

Along with a copy of a letter to my Member of Parliament, I also sent them a notarized letter quoting that info. As CJ and I had taken the baptismal questions before they changed them to "swearing allegiance to the Governing Body", I basically told them that they had no power over us and to leave us alone.

I doubt it changed anything. They basically do what they want anyways, but it made me feel good.

To this day, I do not know what our official status, as we never did hear back from them.

• Alana
    Alana

I have (so far) been able to somewhat "fade". However, at times I worry about how long this will last. My father was a PO for many years and on the Convention Committees, etc., until he became ill and stepped down. I think sometimes that the elders from the last congregation I attended may have just let me fade, out of respect for my ill father. However, since his death last fall, I wonder if they will start up a witch hunt or something, especially since my fiancee was with me at my father's memorial service and some found out that I had moved....to the same town as him.....hmmmmm.....it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that we live together....it's an extremely small town. The last time that I was actually called on by any elders, was Christmas day 1999 (you can read the short story on FreeMinds.org, under "true stories", "Christmas Surprise 99 by the Elders").....and one time last year, before my move, a MS and another brother just happened to stop in while out in service, and he had no idea it was my house. Anyway.....after the Christmas 1999 incident, I followed the format of another x-brother online, and created a letter and sent it to the PO...basically, I stated that they did not speak with me that day and that they had no right to make any judicial decisions regarding myself, when it was only my husband (at the time) that they spoke with....in addition, I brought up the fact of the baptism vow language changes, and that I had not broken that vow, etc. I also quoted the section out of the "Pay Attention" book regarding those who have not attended recently and may not be know as a JW in the community and how they could hold such judicial concerns in abayence (or some word similar to that)....and, in other words, not act on anything unless that person attempts to once again become active, and then at that time confront them and perhaps take action. I stated that my case fit that category and I also stated that I had contacted legal counsel and that if my name were mentioned in a negative way from the stage or in anyway were people told to treat me differently, etc., that I would have the right to pursue charges against them for slander and/or libel....blah, blah, blah. I think they were surprised that I quoted the "Pay Attention" book, and probably assumed that I had help from my father (but it was all online assistance!). I did not hear from then again, but I have always felt that it was primarily due to respect for my father. I have attended two JW funerals since that time and some treated me fine and some didn't, and in public when I do see a JW, half of the time they shun me, but the elders have not pursued anything since that time. However, since my father's funeral, I am just holding my breath, because as someone else said, they do just want they want.....they may have the right to just ignore someone who hasn't been active for years, but that doesn't mean they have to.....I have heard stories of witch hunts, where some have been out for many years and suddenly they are approached for a Judicial Committee meeting and are subsequently DF'd or DA'd. That has been my experience.....so far....... "Alana"

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

New Light, I have heard of this. However, the way the JC acts about those simply "not associating" is quite different from the shunning that many continue to receive at the hands of family members. Perhaps the congregations should realize that discipline only works, if there is to be an end result that works. Obviously shunning only serves to separate and divide, while showing love and compassion brings together. We all must be true to our own hearts and not be punnished for doing so. If the JW's could only see the reality of this, they'd be happier, and we'd be happier.

/<

• franklin J
    franklin J

back up a few posts,

did I read xjw_b12 post correctly? Do Baptismal candidates now have to swear allegiance to the governing body? Or sign an affidavit questionaire to this effect? Or did I misunderstand?

When I was baptised at the 1969 International Assembly ( at age 14) I did not have to sign or say anything, except a prayer for "Jehovahs Blessing".

If I had the correct understanding of that post; the JWs have REALLY gone overboard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit