Indiana

by Ghosthunter 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Alana
    Alana

WOW! People from Irvington Congregation!!!! I lived in Indy for a few years and went to Irvington Congregation. Then they switched things around I was supposed to go to Christian Park, but I moved up to the North Side briefly....College Park Congregation, but then came back to the East side again (it wasn't Arlington Heights, I don't think, but at that same KH on 21st street....no longer Irvington.....can't remember.....) Then I left Indy for good....that was about 1992. Anyone remember the Kleines, Kevin & Cathy McAtee, Carl Bredensteiner?

"Alana"

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

Alana:

Yep, I'm talking about the KH on 21st Street. Irvington, Arlington Heights and at some point Eastgate. I remember the Kleine's, but not the other two. The biggest family in the Eastgate Cong. were the Deerburg's. Half the cong. was inter-related to them.

I'm almost 40, so this would have been in the 70's.

GH

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Carol and Alana,

I'm going to pm Waiting (my sister) because I've heard her talk about Glenn Klein often. I'll bet she knows quite a few people you both do. She went there a long time. It's a small world sometimes, isn't it??

I went to Scecina High School (up around 16th St.?) (so did Waiting) and graduated in 1964--she did later. Actually I think I had a date or two with guys from Warren Central! That really takes me back! I remember Washington Square too.

I'll be going to Indianapolis this October.

Pat

• patio34
    patio34

Oh yeah -------------

HOOSIERS!!

• waiting
    waiting

Wellllllllllllllllllllll, HEY y'all! (I've been in South Car-ro-Liiiiii-naa for 22 yrs now)

If you haven't seen the movie "Hoosiers" - go get it. Great movie - particularily if you remember the basketball Sectionals at that Indpls Butler? college campus. Such memories!

I lived (along with Patio) close to Arlington St. on southside of Washington Street. Before Scecina, we attended Our Lady of Lourdes grade school.

In 1969, I started attending Irvington Cong. The Kleins were a great family, so were the Needhams. Remember the Staileys? They moved to the Eastgate congr. in late 70's. Florence Sparks studied with me.........but I don't hold a grudge- she's a fabulous woman, along with her husband, Don.

Mary Whalin & her daughters? Such good memories! Barb & Steve Jackson?

Ah well..............some have left, some still "Blinded by the Light" - (insert approp. old rock song tune - Hilliary Step will know)

I left there to attend Kokomo cong. Ugh! Awful! Some good people - but the Elders In Power controlled with a heavy hand. Reeeeeeeeeeeeal heavy. Couple of confirmed child molesters in that congregation.

Then to Frankfort, IN cong. - Doyle Coonrod being another Very Good Man. He finally stepped down as an elder & told me later "They never told us when we accepted the position, it was going to be all these decades. We figured a couple of years.....being that the New System was right around the corner."

Don't miss the Blizzards! But miss the beautiful fall foliage...................

waiting

ps HI PAT!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit